Chapter One - The Day We Met

Her feet tiptoed while doing every step, arms moving so smooth, body swaying, bending and spinning like she was boneless. She was dancing gracefully with the speed and expression that matches the music. At her age of 15 she can dance as good as those ballerinas who are older than her and were in the same industry for a longer time.

Right after the music ended she heard a clap from her coach.

“Wow, you’re getting better everyday!” Jasmin, her coach exclaimed.

“It’s because of your help, Coach Jasmin” she replied as she smiled at her. 

“Well, I guess that’s enough for today. We should go now.”

She just nodded.

When both of them were done changing into their shirt and jeans and putting their things back inside their backpack, the coach spoke.

“I’ll be going now, do you want me to give you a ride?” Jasmin asked.

“I’ll be fine coach” she pleasantly refused.

“I still don’t know why you keep on walking from here to your house when you have your own car and personal driver”

“Our house is just near and this is an opportunity to see what’s going on outside. You know I’m always at home, school, or here.”

“You’re right, that might be boring.”

“It is boring.”

Then both of them laughed.

“Bye!”

“Bye, Coach Jasmin!”

She started walking home at the steep street while looking at the cars passing, people chatting, texting, everyone has their own matters and she was happy watching it. Her mind was at peace at the sight of the busy street when she saw a couple holding hands while walking. She suddenly wondered how it feels to have a boyfriend. Different thoughts were on her mind until she heard someone shouting.

“EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! MISS!”

It was a guy wearing a baggy shirt and maong shorts. He was riding a skateboard and in any second he will bump on her. The guy expected her to move aside but she didn’t. She was just too shock to move a muscle. The guy knew that he will hurt the girl more if he bumps her with his skateboard. Though he might be injured, he took the risk of jumping off his skateboard that’s sliding in a fast motion down the street. When he jumped, the skateboard was moved on the side that’s why it didn’t hit the girl. But the guy lost his balance and ended on top of her. Fortunately, her backpack was full of clothes, that’s why her back or her head wasn’t hurt at all. The guy stood up immediately and held the girl’s both hand to help her stand. She dusted off her jeans and looked at the guy.

“I’m really sorry, miss. I didn’t mean it. Are you hurt?” 

She was mad at first but seeing the very visible worry and guilt on the guy’s handsome face, her heart softened. She smiled instead of shouting like what she planned.

“I’m okay. Nothing to worry about” she answered.

“Really?”

“Yes”

“Promise?”

“…?”

“Promise?”

“Yeah…”

“Ok. Bye!”

With that, the guy ran after his skateboard that’s still sliding down the road.