What Corvan might have thought

Corvan was walking along the corridors when he felt an unfamiliar sensation. He wasn't sure but it was as if something bad will happen.

Just then a voice whispered-yelled in his mind.

"Save Valeriana. Save Valeriana."

'Why would I bother saving that witch?' he snapped in irritation as he tried to ignore the mysterious voice.

But it kept bugging him. It did not stop until... finally he gave in. 'Fine!'

The young lord tried to look for the fifth ranker but he was not able to find her easily. He kept on searching while letting his own instincts led the way. He was not sure why and how but somehow he ended up in the girl's bathroom.

"Why am I even here?" He muttered while eyeing the entrance warily. "This won't be good."

He was reluctant in entering the girls' domain a.k.a. the bath. However, the said voice compelled him to go in and to rescue the girl, so no matter how hesitant he was; he found himself succumbing to the annoying voice's demand.

The young lord got in, just in time, to see the fifth ranker getting pulled by a demon. Without second thoughts, Corvan jumped in to rescue the girl.

He swam towards Valeriana to help her. Despite the fact that Valeriana would seemed to always get on his nerves, he really could not find it in him to let her be taken by a demon.  

He managed to grab her by her wrist and started pulling her up. However, the slimy demon tightened its grip on Valeriana, thus the game tug-of-war began with Valeriana serving as the rope.

Frustration crossed Corvan's face for a moment before he pulled back one hand and clenched his fists. He was trying to use his flame in order to make the demon free Valeriana but for some reason a grin spread over her lips and she started to laugh. Corvan saw her and frowned.

Apparently, laughing was a bad idea since it caused Valeriana to drink some water-which wasn't a pleasant experience.

'Serves you right!' Corvan thought as he grinned.

Although he wanted to have fun in Valeriana's expense, he knew that he must save it for later. He should concentrate on the predicament that they were facing at the moment.  

So, he exerted some more effort into his fist and a burst of fire erupted from his hands, causing bubbles all over. Without warning, he punched the slimy object that gripped Valeriana with his flaming fists, causing it to shriek and loosen its grip. Corvan repeated this action over and over again until the girl was finally freed.

As soon as she was free, the first ranker started to pull her up towards the surface, swimming as fast as he could. But the creature refused to give up. In the struggle towards the surface, Valeriana lost something important, a bracelet which Corvan was oblivious of.  

Once they reached the safety of the pool's edge, the first ranker turned around in time to see Valeriana making an attempt to jump in again. So without having second thoughts, his strong arms wound their way around her waist and kept her in place.

"What are you doing, idiot?!"

 "Let me go! I have to get it!" She yelled at him, trying to break free of his embrace.

 "What?" he asked. He was confused not only by the 'it' she was referring to but with how her skin felt. He was completely oblivious of the fact that she was wearing her birthday suit.

 "My bracelet!" She screamed. "My father gave that to me! It's important! I can't let it go!"

 "It's useless!" He told her while slowly letting her go. "It fell with that demon! You cannot get it back!"

She looked dubiously at him. "Demon?"

 "A demon." He confirmed. "The unending depth you saw was world of its making. A place of nothing with no light and no warmth. An embrace of death. Once it fell into the place, there's no getting it back."

Corvan saw how Valeriana looked forlornly down into the water.  Tears welled up from her eyes. Valeriana started to sob.

 "My bracelet!" She hit the water and droplets sprayed in all direction. "Give it back! Give it back, you monster!"

However, Corvan's focus was not on Valeriana's tantrum. His attention was slowly being drawn by something else.

'I can't believe she would cry like this just for an invisible trinket. Look at her. She had sunk so low in a very desolate state...sobbing naked and... wait! Naked!'

His face immediately heated up as he realized the "situation" the girl was in.

'She definitely doesn't have any clothing on.' He mused, while unconsciously checking her out. 'What in the world am I doing? I shouldn't look.'

He mentally berated himself while trying his best not to 'look', but somehow he could not take his eyes away from the girl.

 "Valeriana . . ." Corvan trailed off. He wasn't sure of what he was going to do.

She looked up at him. He knew for a fact that he was blushing.

"What?" She snapped at him.

Still redder than red, the first ranker wasn't able to utter a single word. Thus, he finally decided to look away.

Just then he felt a push, which caused him to lose his balance and made him fall back into the bathing pool with a splash.

The cool water quenched the heat that he had felt earlier.

'What the...Did she just pushed me? That wench!'

Corvan gasped as he poked his head into the surface

 "What's wrong with you?!" He yelled, rising. "I just saved your life, you ingrate!"

 "Why the hell are you here?!" She pointed accusingly at him.

Corvan noticed that she had gotten a towel to cover her self.Too late for that. I already got an eyeful. 

Chavi came out of nowhere. "What's going on here?" She inquired and glanced at the direction where Valeriana was pointing. "Lord Corvan?!" She then gasped and covered herself as well. "You're the pervert?!"

Corvan rose from the water. "How dare you! I am certainly not what you say!! I just saved that ungrateful human's life and you dare accuse me of such indecency?!"

Corvan dragged himself out of the bathing pool, his clothes heavy and clinging to his skin. Excess water dripped from his clothes as he led himself out of the baths. "Valeriana, get changed immediately and follow me quickly to the dormitories."

'why does she have to barge in... in such a time? Let's get Chavi out of the way.' He glanced at Chavi untrustingly. "And beware of people. The demon might be just anyone."

A/N

Another rip off from TCK.

I just hope this will cheer you up Miss Lovely. Gambatte on revising TCK!

This chapter is not as good as the original but I do hope you had fun. =D    XD

For my fellow TCK fans, I have something for you in these links just see them.

I was not able to upload them yet on the official MyLovelyWriter fan page in FB, so please settle with these for awhile. 

https://www.facebook.com/rine.ky/media_set?set=a.1409597119309359.1073741828.100007772523895&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/rine.ky/media_set?set=a.1410004312601973.1073741829.100007772523895&type=1