Chapter 11

The next day…

It was obvious that Mason was distracted. I got the vibes that he was a hurry to get somewhere. He didn't want to have to train me today. Which was fine. I didn't want to be around him when he's in this kind of mood anyway. It was like I was training myself. When we got outside he hadn't said a word to me.

"So what's on the list for our last training session?"

He shrugged. "You can change and try to catch me again." He said uninterested.

"You don't have to do this. Missing one more training isn't going to do any damage."

He rolled his eyes; irritation seemed to be etched on his face when I'm around. Why did he get to be the irritated one?

"You in such a hurry to get away from me?"

"You're the one with the attitude." I shot back. "I know you don't like me, so why do you even bother?"

"I don't have a choice. An order is an order."

"Well take me back to my room since I'm such a burden."

He stifled a growl and rolled his shoulder. At least he was trying to control his temper now. "Go into the fucking trees and change." A wave of his frustration hit me like a heat wave.

I didn't argue with him. I went past the tree line and stripped. I didn't want him to come check on me because I was taking too long, so I did my best to change quickly.

Mason POV

I waited 20 minutes before I went looking for her. She wasn't there anymore. The clothes she had been wearing were in a neat pile.

Either she had run off or she was trying to stalk me. Since I didn't hear her run away, it had to be the second.  So I gave her the opening.

It would piss any woman off if someone else handled their underwear, so that's what I did. I crouched down and went through her clothes.

I could hear her stepping on the dead vegetation. She was a lot better than she had been when she started, but she wasn't great yet.

I couldn't keep the smile from my face when I heard her growling behind me. I stood dangling her bra from my finger.

She eyed the bra for a second, then glared at me.

"If looks could kill..." I taunted her.

She crouched and bared her teeth. She wanted to pounce, but she didn't. Probably because I was still human. But it didn't matter even with her advantage of claws and weight; she wouldn't get close enough to do any damage.

I didn't feel comfortable with her joining the group of guys Casey suggested, but it wasn't my call. I'd just have to make her as prepared as I could today.