Chapter 4

I felt sore as I started waking up. I didn't even want to open my eyes. It felt like the worst hangover I'd ever had.

When I finally did open my eyes, nothing was familiar.

Sitting up was a bad idea, I felt nauseous. I covered my face with my hands, trying in vain to stop the pounding in my head.

"You should have listened to Grayson." An unfamiliar deep voice said.

I quickly looked up. Even with my wavering vision, I could see the bars of the cell I was in.

"Where am I?"

"You're at the pack house."

"What the hell does that mean?" I asked as I slowly staggering to my feet.

"This is where you’re staying until you gain control over your wolf."

"My wolf?"

He nodded. "That's what I said."

I leaned on the bars for support. "Are you crazy?" It was the only explanation. But of course crazy people didn't know that they were crazy. That's the whole point of being insane.

I had been kidnapped by a crazed psychopath who drugged me and kidnapped me then put me in a cell…and apparently this little cult thought they were werewolves.

The man shook his head with a smile. "I know that all this does sound crazy, but it's all true."

The bars I was holding onto started the burn, so I let them go and took a step back.

"Those bars are lined with silver, you shouldn't lean against them." He warned.

"Why would silver make my hands burn?" I asked him gently, like I would a child. I might as well get whatever information I could out of him. When I get out of here and arrest them all, these details might be useful in court.

"Because you're not exactly human anymore." He said simply.

"How can I not be human?" I couldn't believe this. "I have 10 fingers and toes. I'm talking to you aren't I?"

"Yes you are." He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Who are you?" I asked sitting back in the mattress that was my bed.

"My name is Brian." He said with a smile.

"And how did you get involved with Grayson, the psychopath?" That made him laugh.

"That title, however fitting sometimes, is inappropriate." He didn't sound angry that I had bad talked his boss.

It was obvious that this guy was working for the man that had kidnapped me.

"Why am I here?"

I leaned back against the wall. This guy wasn't a threat to me.

"I told you. To gain control over your wolf."

"My wolf." I muttered. He nodded. I shook my head and closed my eyes. "Whatever."

He wasn't going to tell me the truth. If he was, then he would've talked already.

For now, all I could wish for was the chance to escape. I needed to get out of here and get home.

Maybe a couple of hours past before I heard a metal door open. I looked up to see combat boots coming down the steps.

"You're free." The deep voice said.

"Finally." Brian stood from his chair and went to the stairs as the man descended.