5

Winter turned to Spring, and Spring to Summer, as Jack and Madilyn spent almost everyday together. They would stay up late laying on a hammock and staring at the stars as they would talk. Jack would speak of his time in the marines, and Madilyn would listen intently, holding on to his every word.
Madilyn would speak of things that were important to her. Her friends, her family, her music - anything that would come to mind.

Jack loved listening to her, she was so smart and overflowing with knowledge. She was amazing, and yet she didn't even realize it of herself. He wanted so badly to take away all her pain and show her how wonderful she truly was.

It was just like old times, the two of them, however something was different. There was something more to their friendship.

It would be simple things, like they would brush hands and both their hurts would flutter. Or perhaps sometimes Jack would catch himself staring at Madilyn's lips and wanting so badly to kiss her. Or the times that Madilyn would begin daydreaming about what it would be like to be married and buy a home with him so she could truly live her happily ever after.

Though neither of them would admit it to the other, they were both falling for eachother.