CHAPTER 2: Meet the Parents

(Kryzienne’s POV)

                “Baby, wake up.”

                My mom has been trying to wake me up for like forever. Why? - Because today is the “Meet the parents day”. Shouldn’t the “Meet the parents” come first before the marriage?

                “Kryztienne Abegail Parker, get up now.”  I can say no to my mom but not to my dad.

                “Yes Dad.” I got up immediately. I took a bath and dressed up with a simple red shirt and jeans.

                “Seriously, Kryztienne? Do you know where are we going? Change your clothes, now.”

                “But dad...”

                “No buts. Wear a formal dress. Hurry, we’re late.” I hate formal dresses.

                “As what you’ve said dad, we’re late. I don’t have time to change my clothes. Let’s go.” I hurried to the car.

                Ryanne and I have known each other for years. I’m pretty sure he knows I hate dresses. That’s the reason why I don’t want to wear a dress. I don’t want him to assume that I’m trying to wear something I hate just to look presentable to him.

                “We’re here.”

                Is this really a house or a resort? I know they’re rich but not this rich. Have you seen Gu Jun Pyo’s house in Boys Over Flowers? The Styles’s house is quite bigger than that. Wait... seriously, how can a house have a parking lot? 1 pool? - okay. 3 big pools? - are you kidding me? Our house is the biggest in our subdivision, but it’s just as big as their living room. No wonder my Dad was forcing me to wear a formal dress.

                My dad led the way to the dining room. I suppose he’d been here before.

                When we reached the dining room, Ryanne escorted me to my seat and whispered, “Simple, as always.”

                “Gentleman, not as always,” I smirked.

                I was about to take my seat when...

                “Ouch!” My butt hurts. This jerk!

                “Sorry, I pulled the chair too much,” he apologized and I’m sure it’s not a sincere one.

                “I’m pretty sure you meant it,” referring to him pulling the chair.

                “Oh yes, I really meant my apology,” he grinned. Thank God, my parents and his parents are here. If not, I could have choked him to death now. Just kidding, I don’t want to go to hell because if I did I’ll just see him again there.

                “Kriss, I’m really sorry about that. Ryan is just really careless at times.” Now, it’s Mrs. Styles who’s apologizing. Unlike Ryanne, Mrs. Styles seems nice.

                “It’s fine Mrs. Styles.”

                “C’mon Kriss, you can call me mom”