Waiting Ch. 13

Chapter Thirteen

"Would you care to explain?" I growled, and when Nikolas opened his mouth to speak I snapped at him. "Never mind, you don't have too, I heard the whole conversation! You think I'm stupid? You only dated me because of a bet? What monster would do something stupid about that?"

"Listen Taylor," Nikolas started, and I could see the guilt in his face. I was too angry though to listen to his crap. I let my fist fly, and it smacked him right in the nose. "OhmyGod," He cried, putting his hand on his nose.

Russell laughed, and before I knew it, I kicked him where it would hurt most. He doubled over, and let out a cry in pain. "You jerks," I hissed, slapping Nikolas, and then Russell. Someone grabbed my arms, and jerked me away from them. "Let me go," I yelled, kicking my legs. They dragged me towards a nearby tree, and sat me down. Mason was standing in front of me smirking.

"What's so funny?" I snapped.

"I just think its funny how you took care of the situation," He answered.

"Well I wasn't done with them," I told him. I wasn't in the mood to talk with Mason. He was cute, and I really liked him, but right now I just wanted to be alone.

"I think you were," He said, all of a sudden serious.

"No, I wasn't," I growled, grinding my teeth together.

"Taylor, look at them," Mason said, showing me the two guys who were on the ground moaning in pain, "I think you're done. Come on, I'll take you home."

"No," I snapped, and then added, "I just want to be alone."

Mason nodded, and offered me a hand, pulling me to my feet. I was about to leave when he asked, "Taylor, may I ask why you decided to attack them?"

"A bet," I whispered, "Russell wanted to see who could date me for a period of time, and see how long it takes me to realize they were cheating on me. Nikolas volunteered."

Mason's eyes widened, and nodded. "I'm guessing there were other people in one this best."

I shrugged, "I guess."

"Okay, be safe," Mason told me, and then he was gone. Slowly I started walking home. My bag hung on my shoulder, and I just looked down at my feet.

I thought Nikolas was sweet, and nice to me. Obviously I was so wrong though, and I let my anger slip from my grip. Quickly, I let my hair drop loose, and then tied it back up. If someone looked at me they wouldn't be able to tell how angry I was, right?

How could I be so stupid? I hated him, and I hated Russell, but that wasn't anything new because I always hated Russell.

Some pulled up to me, and rolled down their window. "Taylor get in," Mason sighed.

"No," I growled, "I don't want your pity."

Mason sighed again. "Don't think of it as pity," He told me, "Think of it as a ride to work!" I glared at him, and he just shrugged. I looked ahead of me again.

"I have to pick up my sister first," I whispered, not looking at him.

"Well we'll do that on the way," He shrugged, and the passenger door opened as he continued to drive. "Seriously, Taylor, jump in."

I sighed, and gave up the fight, getting into the car. "That a girl," He laughed.

I hated that. My Mom used to do that to me too. I would be really angry, and she would just look at me and laugh. She would tell me that I was funny when I was angry. She would tell me she was afraid that I would grind my teeth into my gums, and when she told me this, I would get even angrier. "I hate when people laugh at me," I spat, looking out the window.