The decision is made

THIS IS A SHORT ONE, I'M SORRY, I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY LATELY I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO WRITE. I'LL MAKE IT UP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, I PROMISE :)

XoXo

I arrived home about an hour ago. It was already late, since we had to stop by the police station once again. As it turns out, Mr Jack Coleman had someone pay his bail, so he was out free. If you ask me he's probably half way to Brazil or somewhere right now, although the police assured us he won't be able to leave town. But I know guys like Jack, they have power, and they can do whatever they want. And to be honest, if I were in his situation, I would do exactly that. The others were still in arrest, and tomorrow will be transfer to prison to wait there until the trial starts in a week or so. But that's not what I have to worry about now. I won't be able to leave the house for at least a couple of days, if not more, until my leg at least partially heals. Brian also got released from the hospital, they did a couple of more tests on him, but thank God, everything was perfectly fine. Although, they advised him as well, that it would probably be best if he stays at home for a few days. Now...thinking of Brian, brings me to an even bigger problem. What will I do about him? To be honest, I already knew what to do, I think I knew it all along, the only problem is, how do I do it? How do I break my best friend's heart? How do I tell Joey I'm leaving him. And I still love him, a lot, he's everything I ever wanted, he's just perfect. He's the guy who was always there for me, the guy who knows me better than anyone, the guys who, I'm certain of it, loves me more than anyone. He's really too good to be true. But I guess it's not destined for me to have the best, to have the perfect. And even though my head chooses Joey, my heart belongs to Brian. And even though this might sound strange and weird coming from me, this one time, I'm not going to listen to reason, and I'm not going to choose the better, more suitable option. This time, I'm choosing my heart.

''Joey, can you come over?'' I asked him over the phone.

''Yeah, sure. Is everything okay?''

''Yeah, I mean...I really need to talk to you.''

''Okay...I'll be right there.''

Five minutes later he was in my room, kissing me gently, worried look on his face. Why does he have to look so sweet and make this even harder?

''Brian woke up'' I started, not knowing how else to begin the conversation.

''Really? Is he okay?'' he asked immediately.

''Yeah, they let him home already. He needs to be careful for a few days, just in case, but he's gonna be fine.''

''Thank God. He really scared us.''

''Yeah, tell me about it.'' There was silence after this.

''Is this why you called me?'' he finally asked.

''Yes and no.''

''What do you mean?''

''Well...'' I started, taking a deep breath, ''I was with him when he woke up. It was weird actually. The very moment his parents left the room, I sat on the bed next to him, and he woke up. It was really weird.''

''I don't really understand you...'' he replied slowly, but from his voice I knew he was getting the picture.

''I....we almost kissed. We didn't, but almost.''

''Okay...''

''You're not mad?'' I asked confused.

''Well, I can't say I'm happy about it, but like you say, you almost kissed, you didn't really do it. I guess I can understand, all the shock you've been through, both of you, you got caught up in the moment. Right?''