The games we play

''He is in my house! My fucking house! That son of a bitch!'' I said loudly as tears began to fall down my face. I couldn't keep them in, there was so much rage inside me, I couldn't control myself. ''Rober Miles is in my house Joey!''

''What?!'' he asked shocked, standing up, pulling me to him, and sitting us both on his bed. He held me as I buried my fists in the bed, trying to stop myself from yelling and breaking something. ''Audrey, what happened?'' he asked after a few minutes when I calmed down a little and stopped crying.

''He was there, sitting in my living room, having coffee with my parents, asking me to forgive him'' I said in one breath.

''Are you serious? I'm gonna fucking kill him'' Joey replied ready to get up and go there.

''No, just let him be. I already told him everything all of us would. Just let him go to hell already.''

''What if he doesn't? What if he's serious about this coming back?''

''He can't be.''

''What if he is?'' Joey asked again now sounding not angry, but concerned.

''Than we just need to make sure he stays away from Jaime. We'll take care of it'' I replied, ''she can't know of this. She can't know I've seen him.''

''Don't worry, she wont.''

I spent the whole afternoon at Joey's. My parents called my cellphone way too many times, but I refused to answer. Finally they gave up, but I think they realized where I was, cause I could swear I saw someone in my room at one point. Anyway, somewhere around 7 o'clock I got a call from Tyler saying that he just saw Robert driving around in his car, while he was on his way to Brian's. Did I really think this was gonna go away so easily, and that I could just hide it from everyone? I guess I was wrong. So the very moment I hung up on him, I told Joey we need to go to Brian's too. And twenty minutes later, there we were. I rang the bell waiting for Brian to open.

''Audrey? Joey?'' Brian opened as I expected, and invited us in.

''Brian we've got a problem'' I said and he motioned to us to go upstairs to his room in which Tyler was already in. And just like I expected, what else were they doing than smoking pot. We all smoked occasionally, but the two of them did it a bit more often than the rest of us. It always surprised me how his parents never realized anything when they were just downstairs the whole time. Lucky bastards I guess.

''What are you two doing here?'' Tyler asked surprised as me and Joey entered the room, Brian just behind us.

I sat on the bed and started to explain. Five minutes later, we were all silent, no one knowing what to say, until Brian finally spoke.

''I think us guys should talk to him'' he said.

''I agree'' Joey added.

''What? No. No one's gonna talk to him'' I protested. I knew what they meant by 'talking'.

''So we're just gonna let him screw with us?'' Joey asked, ''did you already forgot how upset you were just few hours ago?''

''I know but still, I can handle it. I don't want you getting into trouble.''

''Since when do we get into trouble?'' Tyler asked smiling.

''Every time Tyler, you just know how to get out of it'' I replied now also smiling a little.

''Exatcly'' he said and lit the joint again. So yeah, we all smoked, I know it's not good, but this wasn't a good situation we were in. Why does life always have to mess with us? Ten minutes later, Robert Miles was nowhere near my mind. Pot does make you happier, that's one thing I can't deny.