Chapter Two.

Picture on the side is Emma ;D

Chapter Two.

We rolled into the crowded and noisy parking lot of the school, and watched as students moved out of the way for us as we parked in Alex's usual spot. My eyes were fixated on the spot with a group of boys huddled around a jet black Land Rover. The boot was facing towards me with the back open, allowing three people to sit comfortably at the edge.

My gaze fell on the boy that sat right in the middle of two girls, with his hands around both of them. The girl to his left, I recognized, was Stacey. She was smiling dumbly at him, her bright blonde hair, which looked way too artificial to say it was a natural hair colour, fell over one shoulder in a fishtail plait. She wore her usual short skirt which I thought looked more like a denim belt, and a floral tank top.

The girls laughed and I studied the other girl. She had the same blonde hair, but hers was almost white, as opposed to being blonde. It looked like a pixie cut compared to Stacey's long hair. It showed how different the two girls can be even though they were on the cheerleading team. She punched the guy next to her playfully and looked away.

When her eyes landed on me, she scrunched up her nose, turning to Stacey and whispered something, as they both continued to glare at me. I shifted uncomfortably , and Alex grabbed my hand, giving me a reassuring squeeze. He opened the door to get out and moments later I saw him on my side, giving me a hand as he helped me out as well. Taking my bag, he slung mine and his own over his shoulder. We made our way towards the front door, when I heard my name mentioned above a whisper, loud enough for me to hear.

"She's such a slag, cheating on her boyfriend like that." The voice came out an octave higher than her usual uptight remarks.

The others sneered around her and I turned to look back at them, only to see the two girls sneering at me, like they were any better. Their noses pointed upwards in disgust, I looked beside them and saw that he was glaring at me in anger, his face showed betrayal and hurt.

I'm sorry. . .Zain.

I turned back towards the front doors and pushed my way through. Alex reappeared beside me as we made our way towards my locker; the funny thing is that his locker was next to mine, so we see each other often, and that was how our friendship began. I twisted in the familiar code allowing me access to the compartment, sticking my tongue out in concentration.

I chanted quietly "28-19-32." The locker easily swung open, searching for the books I needed for my first lesson, which was biology. I dug out the book from the very bottom of the pile, hugging the three books. The first was my exercise book, and the other two were text books. I took a quick glance to the right to check myself and wiped away a smudge of vermillion lip-gloss. Satisfied, I swung the door shut and jumped back.

I dropped my books on the floor as Alex smirked at me, his snowy blue eyes looked amused at my shock.

"ALEX DAMEN RICHARDSON!" I jumped up from the floor and was ready to push him when he grabbed me by the waist. I stumbled forward and fell gracefully in his arms. I felt his strong arms wrap around me, as he twisted so I was leaning against his locker. His torso pressed against mine, while his sweet lips found mine and locked together. I heard a choke from behind him and saw that Zain stopped in front of him, with Stacey by his side, as he gawked awkwardly at us both. Stacey tapped Alex impatiently on the back and stated in a matter-of-fact way.

"No public display of affection in the corridor, please." She smiled an egoistic smile, strutting away. Zain was about to open his mouth to say something, when Stacey interrupted and dragged him away towards Biology, her heels clicking on the polished surface. He glanced behind him and quickly snapped his head back towards the hall. Alex frowned at him and shook his head.

"Sorry. Erm, I should have warned you. . .are you sure this is what you want? I know he's feeling like shit. I mean. . .you're pretending to cheat on him. . .with his best friend. . ." He bent down to pick up my books, and I knelt down to join him.

"Well I want to save him the pain. It's fine; I'd rather me get hurt than him, because I still love him."

I gave him a sweet smile and thanked him for helping me pick up my books. We have this rule about kissing and affection; we only show it on display in front of Zain, but we never do anything by ourselves. There is also a rule about kissing and holding hands only, so there is no more touching unless it is our hands. Sometimes I feel bad for asking Alex to do it, since he's a nice guy.

He doesn't deserve to be dragged in to our problems, but I wasn't going to pretend to fall in love with a stranger, and Alex understands the situation I'm in at the moment.

Alex hugged me and I went off in the direction Zain went. I stopped at a door marked 3-B. Stretching my hand towards the cool, metal handle I pushed it down, allowing me to enter the room. Everybody was still chatting as the teacher failed to be here on time again. I made my way to the middle row of lab benches and sat next to my best friend.

"Hey B!" I greeted as I took out a pen from my bag and opened my exercise book. She scooted closer and leaned towards me.

"I heard about what they said this morning. That wasn't right for them to do. What I don't get is why don't you just tell Zain about your illness?" she said in a hushed voice, her large evergreen eyes looked up at me from under her sleek, black wavy hair.

Bianca is half Chinese and half Spanish; her mother is Chinese and her father is Spanish, giving her an exotic look. She was slender and didn't lack in the curve department. On her first day here when she started last year everyone was talking about her. She seemed nervous and didn't talk much to people, so I helped her out guiding her through school and taking her to class.

After a couple of days she started talking to me, finding out, much to my surprise, we were so alike that we could be soul sisters. We eventually grew so close that we were inseparable, and I told her about the illness and what I did to Zain. She just looked at me with teary eyes when she heard my story, and after I told her we cried together and both felt better at the end. Bianca is an emotional girl for someone with such a strong personality; she doesn't let anyone talk crap about me or her and she comes up with the most remarkable remarks and comebacks that you won't even expect them. She can be so random and that's what I really like about her. She's not fake.

"It's for the best." I answered simply and turned to her. She gave me a sad smile and hugged me tightly. Greatfully, I hugged her back, when a wolf whistle broke us apart.

"Shut up, Derrek, you llama!" I laughed at her random comment. The class settled down when Mr. Taylor entered the room and class began. The topic was about the human immune system; white cells and B cells, etc. . . Nothing I didn't already know. We were assigned a project to make a model of a cell, and we needed to complete it in 2 weeks time. We would be presenting it and explaining what this cell does. I turned to see a bed of curls and soft breathing next to me.

Bianca rested her head lightly on her arms and slept soundlessly. The bell rang, dismissing us to our next class. As the students hustled out the door, Mr. Taylor reminded us of our assignment. We are allowed to work in partners, so naturally Bianca and I would work together. Rising from my seat, I noticed Bianca was already halfway to the door.

"Hey! Wait for me!" I called and hastily gathered my things. I walked with her out the door, making my way back to the locker with Bianca at my side. We went to English after I had taken my meds, but we were in separate classes so we decided to meet at the usual spot for break.

I was making my way towards the class when someone pulled me into an empty classroom. I was about to shout at the person for almost giving me a heart attack, but my voice got stuck in my throat when I turned to see Zain, giving me a painful look.

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 2 yay give me a high five *high five* yeahh thank you for reading T_____T