Chapter 6

This chapter is dedicated to LittleMissLiaaa for the awesome new cover!

Chapter 6

I looked down with distain on the cheerful spectacle in my reflecting pool.

"Those foolish Narnians," I thought, turning away from the pool. "always celebrating something, wasting valuable time that they could be using to build up forces against me, alas they have no warning and therefore I shall win and finally be rid of these accursed children they call Kings and Queens."

I smiled evilly to myself as I quietly walked down the hall to my chambers, the walls of the rock tunnel were black and dripping with water, the only light were the torches on the walls, each burning with an eerie greenish blue light.

Finally I reached the large oak door that lead to my quarters. I took the blackened key from my robes and unlocked the door.

The door was heavy; I gave a small grunt while pushing it open.

"Soon... soon you will be strong enough to fight, soon you will take power. You have worked hard and you deserve it." I said softly to myself.

I shuffled across the stone floor to a large book in the corner; it lay open to a page on which was written a very complicated spell, one that could defeat your enemy without him ever noticing. The heading read A Spell for Strength; use to draw the very essence out of another.

It was a brilliant incantation really, it was designed to suck the life or strength out of one and give it to another at small intervals, the first being so small that it was barely noticeable, and by the time your adversary realizes - it is too late.

My great-great-grandfatherhad written it, but it hasn't been used until this day, today, this very afternoon I had begun the process. The one that would eliminate those weaklings once and for all!

I let out a squeal of laughter, and rubbed my hands together, every part of me was anticipating the event that was now drawing very near.

I walked over to my bed and slowly lay down, the image of High King Peter and his lovely Bethany, smiling and laughing during the first night's festivities was dancing in my mind.

"Soon." I whispered, "Soon..."

~8~*~8~

After two full hours of performing dryads, we had finally moved on to a meal. I eagerly followed my four friends towards the smell of so many different foods it was intoxicating.