07. Just Listen

First five comment here!!!
--------------------------------------------

One week later

Alyssa

"Okay so send me the files and I will review them with you tomorrow Jen. Okay, thanks bye." I say ending the call.

"Hey Lyss, how's the day going?" I hear Henry come in and close the door.

"Okay Henry, it's seven now, you've kept me here long enough. Let me goooo."

"How do you think it's going?" I sigh.

"At least it's a Thursday." "How's that any good?" I ask. "Duh because after Thursday there is a Friday." "Thanks for clearing that up for me." I say sarcastically. "You're welcome." He says back.

That's Henry for you, a serious and strict Secretary while also a fun goofy guy.

"So...I'm going now! Bye." I say and head for the door. "Wait, Lyss." He says making me stop in my tracks.

"What now Henry?" I say agitated, my TV shows start in a few minutes and he's making me miss them. "Remember You have a meeting to-" "Yeah, yeah I know." I cut him off.

"Sometimes Henry, people think your my boss instead of me being your boss." I say and in reply all he does is chuckle.

I close the door and hurry out of the building incase Henry finds any other reason to stop me. Sometimes I wonder why I hired him but he is a reason why my companies still stand.

I start walking to my car until a rough hand grabs my wrist, I start to scream but just my luck...another hand clamps my mouth shut.

'What do I do? What do I do?' I whisper to myself mentally. An idea comes to my head. I quickly use my free hand and elbow the person in the stomach. I twist out of his grip and knee him.

I see the man groaning on the ground in pain is no other than Cole Anderson

"Cole? What-why did you attack me?" I ask shocked. How shallow could he get? Did he plan on kidnapping me?

"I did not attack you. I just need you to listen for two minutes, it's not about me but it's something you'd probably want to know." He says standing up.

Even though Cole was probably lying it perked my curiosity to know what else he had to possibly say other than some declaration based on our already broken relationship.

"Fine. Say what you want, but you get two minutes, and that's it."

"Its my mother Alyssa, she's very sick. Her cancer,  it got worse. And today her condition got ten times worse. She's dying Alyssa and she wants to see you. She still thinks we're together and I-I couldn't tell her I divorced you or her condition would get much more worse, she's been asking for you every time I visit her, please, just once, let me take you to her. Please." He says, his voice cracking in the end.

No, Rosa couldn't be dying, she was the only mother figure I ever had since my parents had died. She loved me like her own daughter-heck, she even loved me more than Cole. I always used to spend time with her and once me and Cole divorced I wasn't allowed to go near her because Cole forbade it.

And now to hear that she was dying, it broke my heart. I had to see her no matter what happened between Cole and I.

"Yes, I...I'll see her." I croak with tears brimming in my eyes.

"Thank you Alyssa, thank you." He says sighing in relief.

"When do I get to see her?" I ask quietly.

"Tomorrow?" He questions "Yeah tomorrow is fine."

We stay there silently for a while doing nothing but awkwardly twiddling our thumbs or moving our feet.

"Pick me up at 10." I say and get into my car. I hear a faint okay before I crank up my music.

I start driving slowly, not to my house but instead to the lake, I needed to clear my mind and the only was for me was to go down by the lake.

I'm so shaken up by the news Cole had given me just mere minutes ago, I still can't get over the fact that Rosa is dying.

I get out of my car and start walking towards the lake, I'm so tempted to just go jump in and cool my head but sitting by the lake would have to suffice.

I sit on the grass with my eyes closed and just listen to the water's steady sway and the birds making noise. Suddenly my phone starts beeping.

I look to see who it is and see that it's Luka.

"Hello?"

"Alyssa you've got to come quick it's an emergency!"

"Luka, what happened?"

"Just come quick Alyssa, meet me at the front of my apartment building, now, come quick!" Luca says nervously.

"Okay I'm coming but what-" he cuts the phone.

This must be pretty bad emergency,  I just can't imagine what is happening.

I quickly get into my car and start driving

I just hope no one is hurt.

Hey wattpad readers,  this is probably my first authors note on a chapter (I kinda scimmed through my chapters didn't see any so correct me if I'm wrong)

So what did you think about that plot twist with Cole and his mother, do you think he might be lying about this?

What about the mysterious emergency that Luka called about,  thoughts?

See ya next time readers!