Your Song

A/N: Thank you to whom ever voted! (: I'm glad you liked the chapter! Comment or vote or anything really!!(: <3

Chapter 9:

Zayn’s Point of View

            I felt my face get red and I ran out of the room wanting to get away from Niall. There was no question about it. I had feelings for Sophie, but she was happy right now. She was happily with Niall and who was I to destroy what they had together.

            “Mate,” I heard Harry call after me. “What was that about?” He followed me as I ran onto the empty stage. The arena was empty except for Harry and me on the stage. “Zayn Malik, stop running away from me!” Harry yelled. He was on the opposite side of the stage than me.

            “What do you want Styles?” I yelled back. I felt bad for yelling at him, though. “Just leave me alone.”

            “No, tell me what’s wrong! What was that about?! You practically yelled at your best mate and now you won’t talk to me. What is the matter?”

            I looked at Harry, who honestly looked like he wanted to help, but he wouldn’t understand. Every girl fancied Harry. None of us lads had a chance with any of them, usually, when Harry showed up.   I shook my head as he walked forward. The selfish thoughts of Sophie and I being together filled my head. “I fancy her, mate.”

            Harry nodded. “I know.”

            “It’s not even just fancying her anymore. Hazza, I’m in love with her.”

            Harry continued nodded. “I know. I’ve always known.”

            I sat down with my feet hanging off the edge of this stage. I looked out into all of the empty seats. “In a matter of hours girls will be in here sitting down. All of them fancy us and want to be with us but the only girl I want to be with is Sophie. I want to be with her more than anything. I want to steal her from Niall.” My selfish thoughts grew and grew till I was convinced that was the right thing to do.

            “Woah! Hold on there.” Harry put up his hands. “Mate, you can’t do that.” He shook his head. “I know it’s hard, but you need to put aside these feelings for her. You are the closest with Niall out of all of us. What do you think he would do if you tried to steal Sophie from him?” He sounded cross. “He would be more upset with you than he ever has been.” 

            “I can’t do it mate.” I said to Harry. “It hurts just to see them together.” I took a deep breath and told him the story of the day that I told her that I loved her. “She was 15 and I was just 16. I walked over to her house and saw her in the backyard, crying. Her parents fought all the time and her twin brothers Oliver and Noah were always left when their parents got into arguments with each other. Sophie would always come over my house, but that one day I wasn’t home. When I saw her crying, it just broke me. I invited her over my house and we watched films.” I took a deep breath because I had never ever told anyone this before.  “I told her that I loved her and, at first, she didn’t believe me. But eventually, she believed me. She didn’t want to date because she knew that dating then could have ruined our friendship. That was when I decided to audition for X Factor. Soph had previously wanted me to, but I chickened out. I decided that I would audition for the next X Factor and win, for her. Once I won, we would start our relationship and then get married and start a family. Her meeting you lads was because I wanted to see how my best mates would all get on. That was my mistake, Sophie and Niall hit it off and I thought for sure they would start dating. Then she met Steven and they dated. I pushed my feelings aside twice, I don’t want to do it again.”