Chapter 16 - The Warehouse

A large bang. Gunshot or not that was the first sign of life (or death for that matter) that you received from that warehouse. You had finally reached the doors, the green doors that seemed so familiar and yet daunting at this moment. The doors that you would exit hours later a lot more bloody and resentful than you currently were.

You creaked the door open quietly, hoping not to make so much of a big entrance for everyone to notice you, but large enough for people to know that you were here. That you were waiting, watching. You aimed to be like a Hawk - no wait - an Eagle. And yet you turned out a lot more like the measly field mouse because at that moment you created the largest entrance you could have. Why on earth didn't you take the long way in? Or you could have gone in guns blazing, but then again that would have been too risky. Nonetheless that probably would have been less conspicuous because as soon as you entered the, well what seemed to be, dark, abandoned warehouse, it lit up. But only in one spot. It was a spotlight on a very beaten, bloody and bruised Sherlock Holmes in only some jogging bottoms and a tank top. He also appeared to be tied to a chair, you would have given anything for him to be in this position in a different situation, but unfortunately he wasn't. And this was serious.

You approached him carefully, slowly, slinking in the darkness, making sure that no one saw you. You so very much wanted to run over to him and tell him everything was okay, take him into your arms, kiss him until his lips were sore. You knew he would protest if you did this but you didn't care. You had been so worried about him even if he hadn't been missing that long, I mean it was only eight hours! And yet, you didn't realise it but if you didn't see him, or at least acknowledge his existence within the flat you became lonely. Well not lonely per say but what you would call, feeling claustrophobic of the silence from him not being there. In fact you felt that you became invisible when the silence of him not being there enveloped you and because of that you wanted that visibility back. You wanted him back, just so you didn't feel like no one couldn't see you, so you didn't go back to your old life. You didn't want that, you wanted to be normal for god sakes! Or as close to normal you could be living with Sherlock Holmes. I suppose that was why you were semi-grateful that the spotlight was also put on you too because then not only Sherlock would see you for who you really were, but the whole world would too.

"_-_____," he rasped as he snapped his neck forward to try and look at you. How the fuck did you find where he was? What the fuck were you even doing here? You weren't supposed to be here, you were in fact the very reason that he had been suffering for the past four hours or so. He didn't realise it at first until finally his brilliant mind connected the dots, which was a relief I suppose. His eyes were blurring now however and he wasn't quite sure of his thoughts or whether he could trust his eyes anymore. I mean he knew what you were now, and why you had agreed to go out with him. It was a bit ridiculous really, him thinking that anyone like you would go out with someone like him! Your standards were much higher surely, plus he figured that you were just guarding him. He just didn't know why. He figured that if he were put in any danger or hurt in any way that you would be killed almost instantly. He was certain that your Boss wanted to keep an eye on him for one reason or another and the only two people he could think of who would want to do such a thing would be either Mycroft or...Moriarty. And well, to put it simply one was an absolute prick and the other hadn't made an appearance since that message broadcasted across the nation. To be honest he couldn't see a reason as to why either of them would want to keep an eye on him either, he wasn't up to anything and he had a pretty much dull area in cases recently so he didn't understand. Well, unless it was someone else.

"Sherlock be quiet," he seemed to not realise the full situation yet. It also felt like he had made the assumption that you were meant to be here, bit not good. Maybe it was the spotlight that did it, it did kind of make it look like this was all staged. Shit. Did that make you look like one of the bad guys now? That was the last thing you wanted; him mistrusting you. That was the epitome of bad things to happen, thinking you were out to get him. He actually thought the opposite but you didn't know that and that made the whole situation a shit ton lot worse.