Chapter 5

Right, it's time for the boys' POV!

This chappie is during the night before (l/b/n)'s birthday, in case anyone'll get confused.

Enjoy~
----------------------------------------------

Mikey pranced into the lair, his face split into a huge grin. He bounded over to his two elder brothers, who were sitting on the couch; one watching Space Heroes, the other reading a magazine.

Mikey sat between them. When no one responded to his arrival, he cleared his throat, catching the attention of Raphael, who looked at his sibling raising a nonexistent eyebrow. Smirking, Mikey spoke:

"Guess who I saw tonight?"

Raph only frowned, tilting his head in a manner of question, to which Mikey responded with a meaningful glance at their leader, who at that time had finally stopped watching the telly and to look at his brothers suspiciously.

Throughout the year, Mikey and Raph had done nothing but tease Leo about his encounter with (Y/n), and had been waiting for the moment to meet her in person, only to tease their elder brother more.

Raphael raised his eyebrows in an understanding way and proceeded to say what he and his youngest brother had been rehearsing all year.

"I don't know Mikey, maybe Captain can tell us."

The two turtles turned to look at their brother, who sighed. Leo wasn't the one to be oblivious, so he knew what his siblings were up to.

"Well I wouldn't know, would I?" he drawled out. "Why don't you tell us Mikey?"

By this time, even Donnie had stopped what he had been doing to look at his brother, a smirk pasted on his face - he was in the action too.

"Are you completely sure about that Leo? 'Cause you're not usually the one to not know things."

Leo rolled his eyes,"Yes, I am a 100 percent sure. Now, can you tell us Mikey?"

The blue-eyed turtle was bouncing in his seat.

"A certain human girl named (y/n). Ring a bell, bro?"

Turning his attention back to the television screen, even though it was showing the credits, Leo replied,"Yes, it does, Mikey. Thing is, how do you know she remembers that night?"

"Well, she recognized me as your brother." Mikey waggled his eyebrows. Then he whispered dramatically.

"Ya know, she even thought I was you!"

Raph and Donnie both whooped, and high-fived each other, laughing. Leo -not for the first time that night- just rolled his eyes at the immaturity of his brothers.

"Whatever you guys. I'm hitting the sack."

~Le time skip brought to you by lazy author~

Later on that night, Leo's sleep had been interrupted by none other than Mikey. He groaned.

"What is it Mike?"

Said brother's baby-blue eyes glowed in the darkness as he stood by Leo's bed. Before he was about to reply to his elder brother, a clap of thunder sounded overhead (A/N: Shh, just pretend they can hear the thunder no matter how deep underground they are) making him flinch.

Leo sighed. This wasn't the first time Mikey had asked for refuge in his room due to thunderstorms. In fact, he rather liked the presence of his younger brother next to him; it made him feel confident somehow that as a leader, he knew he could protect his younger brothers no matter how big or small the dangers were. After waking up from that coma after so long, he saw how scared his brothers had been. He saw how vulnerable they were to danger without him. Silently, in that bathtub, he'd promised himself he wouldn't let anything scare his brothers again.

"Come on Mike." He smiled at the turtle.

Mikey, looking much happier, shuffled next to his brother. After a while, he spoke.

"Hey Leo?"

His older brother hummed in response.

"Do you really like her? That (y/n) girl?"

Leo remained silent for a while.

"I guess I do...I'm not sure..." then he saw the huge grin on Mikey's face.

"Don't you dare mention that to anyone."

"You have my word Cap'n."

"Good, now go to sleep."

"Sure Cap'n"

------------------------------------------------
Well, that's the end of chapter 5!

I apologize if it felt shorter than the other chapters. But anyhoo, what's important is that you enjoyed it!

See you next chapter then!

Peace!