Chapter 14: Controlling Hormones

"Of course not!" I slapped Kai's shoulder slightly enough to inform him that I'm not really into... Lay.

"Oh, you can't fool me, Summer. See? You're even blushing." He teased. His eyes were smiling too as he laughed.

Really? I blushed? How come I didn't feel it? I tapped my cheek, then covered it, "Really? Did I blush?"

He nods, still laughing. So I covered my whole face. This is so embarrassing.

"Look, I was just shocked to hear you asking that kind of stuff." I removed my hands on my face, trying to be formal. "The thing is, I'm just shocked. So don't think beyond that. Lay is just my student, arraso?"

He was stunned by the way I spoke to him, so I asked him what.

"Nothing. You're too defensive, ma'am." He teased.

What the heck? Did I just make the situation worse? "Whatever." I raised a brow at him and let a sigh escape from my mouth.

Into my surprise, Kai picked my nose. Well, that really hurts, so I groaned. "Yeah. Whatever, too. Haha!" He said.

I noticed the time; it was already four in the afternoon. "Time's up, let's get back to work." I told them.

Lay and Chanyeol stopped themselves from playing while I shooed Kai. "We'll just wait for you guys to finish. We'll stay here." Chanyeol said.

As soon as Kai and Chanyeol leave, Lay and I started. I began opening several textbooks, textbooks that could help him. As I speak, Lay jolts down notes. If I were really a teacher, I'll give Lay a 98 on his behavior.

I stole glances from him. It's not because I want to stare at him, but I just want to check if he could catch up. He was busy writing something. I guess he's really determined to learn. I like his perseverance towards learning.

Is his perseverance all you like about him? My subconscious asked. Don't you like the way he smiles at you? Don't you like his gentleness and kind heart? He's adorable, you like him.

"NO!" I yelled, tapping the table so hard that caused Lay to be shocked.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you." I stared at my book, completely embarrassed.

He giggled, I noticed it. "No, it's okay. Is there something bothering you? You can always talk to me." He offered then he flashed a smile, his cute dimple on his right cheek was shown.

How can I tell you? It was all about you, so I can't tell.

"Oh, no, there's none." I motioned him to ignore it and just proceed in whatever he was doing. "I'm sorry."

He just smiled at me; his usual angelic smile was flashed to me. Then, he continued on his work.

I stared at him for almost three seconds. His eyelashes were long, it was so beautiful. Truth be told, I wish my eyelashes were as perfect as his. I was really mesmerized by his aura. As I watched Lay, I saw Kai from my peripheral vision doing stuff.

I whipped my head to see Kai, he was grinning from ear to ear. Seriously? I arched a brow at him then in return, he just formed a heart shape in his hands then laughed incontrolably.

I heaved a sigh, then faced palm. Seriously? Jongin? Can't you control your hormone?

I turned back my attention to Lay, he was still busy. I don't like to disturb him, so I just grabbed the nearest book to me for I can do something. But as I reached the book, I was surprised to see Lay's hand atop of mine.

After realizing the whole situation, we both removed our hands from each other.

"Uh... Um..." He began.

"Uh yeah? You may have the book, I'm fine with this." I tried to get another book but he stopped me.

"No, it's okay. You can have it." He offered with a smile, as usual.

"No, just use it. I'm really fine." I smiled brightly at him.

"No." We said in sync. "Yes."

We paused for a while, then I really can't contain it anymore, I finally laughed. He too, a laugh has escaped from his mouth.

"This is so funny," He said, still laughing. "Summer, just listen to me, have this book." He brushed the book towards me, still wearing a grin.

As I eye him, I asked myself a question. Is Lay for real? He really is like an angel. The way he smiles, the way he eyes stuff, the way he does everything, all of it were so pure.

"Thanks." I said.

-

He glanced at his watch, I glanced at mine too. It was already past five in the afternoon. "So, yeah, I guess this will be all for now." I informed him.

"Yeah," He closed the book, he put his pen down then he stood up, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll see you tomorrow." I replied, looking straight into his striking eyes.

"I enjoyed the session today." He said.

"I'm glad to know that." I replied, making our way to the exit.

-

"We'll go ahead," Kai said. "I hope you enjoyed." He smirked.

I was about to hit him but not when he said that he was only kidding. However, hitting him wasn't really my plan. I just want to warn him, that's all.

"Bye bye, Summer!" Chanyeol waved at me as they make their way out. I waved bye at him too.

Then, there was Lay, trailing behind Kai and Chanyeol. I was waiting for him to bid his farewell to me but he just continued walking 'til they finally exited.

I felt kind of disappointed but I was surprised when someone popped out from the door, it was Lay.

What is he doing here?

"I forgot something..." He scratched the back of his neck as he bite his lip, "I forgot... to say thanks, Summer. So... Thank you." He flashed a smile, a shy one. "Bye bye, Summer. We have to go."

"Uh... Um... Y-you're welcome." I stuttered.

His back was already facing me, and then he crooked his head, "Thank you again, Summer." He mouthed those words, then he waved good bye to me.

A/N: I'm sorry for it took me almost forever to update. So, I hope you liked it. Give me some feedbacks if you want, please don't hesitate. Thank you! ^^, ♥