Love Never Dies

Alice’s POV

I was about to go on again, so I was waiting in the right wing. Elijah’s words still rang in my head. After I pulled away from him to run away, he grabbed me and looked hurt.

“Baby, why do you run from me?” He asked, with a hurt look written all over his face.

My jaw dropped. “You beat me till I was unconscious, and you expect me to not be afraid?”

“Beat you? Baby I just wanted to show you that nobody else will love you like I do. You are mine.” He had a crazed look in his eyes. “I love you so much and I know you love me too.” He pulled me into him and crashed his lips into mine.

I forcefully pulled away from him. “Do not dare touch me again, you beast!”

A few people looked our way. “Keep your voice down honey.” He whispered threateningly, squeezing my arm and pain shot up through it.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked him, tears threating to spill.

“Because, ever since I heard you sing, I fell in love with you. A few other guys became entranced as well, but I couldn’t have that. So I got rid of them.” He smiled evilly. I gasped. That’s why some of the cast went missing! People assumed it was Erik but I knew it couldn’t have been! We have always been together when I wasn’t rehearsing. “Why do you look scared? I did this for you! For us! So we could be together! I just wanted to show I loved you.” His crazed eyes searched mine for an answer.

He was mentally insane! “You… you need help, Elijah. You aren’t thinking like you should!” I told him truthfully.

He just laughed. Like a maniac. It was creepy. “Help? Oh honey, love should not be confused with psychopathy.” His smile quickly changed into a glare. “Now get out there and sing for me baby.” I quickly ran and I could hear his maniacal laugh in the background.

And now all I could think of was his disgusting look of lust written all over his face whenever I sang onstage. I quickly snapped out it whenever I heard my cue to go onstage. I suddenly became my part.

I held onto my flower basket and pranced onstage. “No thoughts within her head, but thoughts of joy!

No dreams with in her heart but dreams of love!”

“Master…” I heard a man sing, but pretended to be oblivious to this.

“Passarino… Go away for the trap is set and waits for its prey.” That was different. I never heard Piangi sing like this before. It was beautiful.

“You have come here! In pursuit of your deepest urge!” I looked up slowly and KNEW that was Erik. He was wearing the same black mask from earlier but now was wearing Don Juan’s outfit. My heart rate increased tenfold. “In pursuit of that wish which till now has been silent…” He brought a finger to his lips to signal me to not say anything. “Silent.”