Cufflinks

I re-wrote this chapter three times.

I HAVE A REASONABLE EXPLANATION FOR MY ABSENCE! I was in two musicals over the summer plus band camp, piano lessons, voice lessons, headshots, fencing lessons, and volunteering in my community. For the musicals I was wayyyy too busy to upload. I was on the radio, in a magazine, three newspapers multiple times, television (cool right?) and the internet. I also got to meet Deuce from Shake It Up! So sorry if you’re mad at me for not uploading literally all summer.

Enjoy!

^^^^^

(Alice’s POV) Oh I realized I’ve been typing the date wrong too. My bad. From now on I’ll just put 1800s. (1800s)

I was going to make Erik fall madly in love with me. I came up with an amazing plan for it to work too, but it’s going to take time.

After the incident that happened a few days ago with Erik strangling me and all (yeah I know totally not crazy at all) I have been keeping my distance for Erik to cool down a bit. I cannot believe I forgave him so quickly like that. And then what happened the next morning?! But after day-dreaming about this man who I thought was not real for years and actually being able to be here with him, I am not going to let anything happen for him to hate me.

I was reading over the Phantom of the Opera book another time, even though I basically memorized it by now, when Erik barged into the lair. He had been lurking around the opera house, stalking Christine like crazy ever since she came into the lair.

“Something the matter?” I asked quickly hiding the book in an old dresser drawer and grabbing a new book.

“Those fools! They are putting on another opera, and they put CARLOTTA as the lead! I told them to cast Christine!” I could see the anger flaring in his eyes.

Hmm, time to work my magic. “Maybe you should teach them a lesson.” I smirked.

He thought about it for awhile. “What do you have in mind?”

I sat up from my relaxed position on the couch. “You have to do something that they will never regret. The managers are really obsessed with their money, are they not?” He shook his head yet. “Well, how about you do something that will make them have to dab into their vacation money? Something concerning the chandelier…”

His face instantly brightened. I could see the wheels turning in his head as he thought about what he would do. He started pacing the floor, running his hands over his smooth black hair. “Bring down the chandelier. My god, Alice, you are a genius.” He looked up and smiled at me. My heart fluttered. This was the first time I was seeing him smile. I couldn’t help but smile back at him. “I will stay in box five. You may join me if you please, but it will be very hectic.”

I shook my head. “That’s okay. I have matters to attend to. Oh that reminds me, I have to go and grab a few things today also. I shouldn’t be long.”

He frowned. “What? What matters? ”

“Just a few errands, that is all.” I stood up and smoothed out the beautiful blue dress I had on.

“You cannot leave here though. I told you before that you cannot leave because you know who I am.” I could see anger being to come to him again.

Not good. This is exactly what I didn’t want to happen. I walked a few steps to him. “Don’t worry. Nobody knows who I am. I just came here on vacation and I don’t know a soul here.” I lied swiftly. Well, half-lied. “I promise to be back. It is only a few errands.”