TFM Ch. 7: Confussion (Pt. 1)

Sorry its so short. Today (06/11/10) was my last day of Freshman year!!! I was so nervous bout my exams I stayed up all night studying so I'm EXTREMELY exhausted and my friends want me to party with them tonight :(

I felt bad that I left you all hanging so I uploaded quickly. sorry for any errors I haven't edited it.

AND ISA REFERS TO MARK AS TRISTAN ONCE IN THIS CHAPTER. SO EVERYONE MARK IS TRISTAN! TRISTAN IS MARK! there!

Okay I'm gonna take a nap now! I'll try to upload more tomorrow. I promise!

As always thanks for your votes and comments!

Bella

Chapter 7: Confusion. (Pt. 1)

I woke up with a hard painful shiver. I was so cold. I pulled the blanket around myself even tighter and scooted my back waiting for my flesh to meet the strong, warm flesh. But it never came opening my eyes and jerking up in semi-awareness.

"Mark?" My voice came out as a whispered sob, as last night came rushing back.

I looked around the room desperate to see his soft sorry green eyes and have him sit down and talk to me, but he wasn't here. I got up tip-toeing silently to the door The sun was just coming up so I guessed it was around 6 am-ish. I cracked the door open and made my way through the hallway I heard deep breathing and I immediately froze, after smelling only Marks scent I stepped out from behind the wall.

Mark was stretched out on the couch, He looked so young and innocent as he lay there.

Right now he had no guards, no walls. He looked so vulnerable. I walked silently over to where his head lay on the arm of the couch.

--- Was he that mad at me? He didn't even come to bed last night?--- I saw the blue and purple bruise on his cheek bone, where I'd slapped him. My fingers shook slightly as I reached out to touch his sore face.

--- I shouldn't have hit him.--- Guilt washed over me, but it faded just as quickly. --- He wasn't sorry! He threatened me. After he'd swore to keep me safe to protect me...--- Then I realized sadly,--- As long as Solan's alive and this pack is treating captives- women the way they are I can't expect to be safe Like I was at home. I would have to watch out for myself. ---

Mark sighed lightly and pushed his face closer into the warmth of my palm, once again a shiver racked my body, but I had no idea why. I wasn't cold. Actually I was quite the opposite. A sudden heat had washed over me. I closed my eyes trying to ignore the clenching of my abdomen, I wasn't feeling this way for him. We hated each other... right?

"Isa?" Mark's soft voice sounded breathless.

I tried to snatch my hand back but Mark caught my wrist and gently pulled me down so I was lying half on top of him and half sprawled on the now vacant space of the couch. I shimmied down further under the soft fleece blanket he'd used his arm came gently and hesitantly over my hip as if he expected me to bolt. And I was surprised that I hadn't, Surprised my instinct had n't told me to hide and cower from him the way it did last night. Right now there was no danger, no reason for me to be afraid.

"Morning." I whispered, gazing up into his eyes.

"Isa, I'm so sorry,"

"Me, too."

"Why are you sorry?" I reached up and pressed gently on the mark I'd left on his face. Mark jerked.

"Ow..." He said but it came out more as a question. I couldn't help but giggle.

"I guess I hit you harder then I thought."

His hand suddenly came up between out molded bodies to stroke my face gently. "I... I wish I could take it back..." He murmured staring into my eyes.

I only nodded feeling my face rush red as I held back tears. I wished we could too. Wished I'd never had to see him that way.

"I thought of something... Something I wanted to do for you, but I'm afraid that if i do you'll run away." He admitted.

--- Could I run away from him? ---

"We are-"

"We?"

"You, me and your friends are going to meet your father-" Mark shifted over me his hand grabbing a cell phone off the table. "I already called him, but I told him you two could discuss where and when we'd meet. I didn't know what time you'd be up." Mark shrugged.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

He just stared at me,as if unsure of himself. " You wouldn't believe me if I told you." Mark sighed pushing himself up and over me I sat up quickly catching his

wrist.

"... Try me?" Suddenly his hand cupped my cheek and his lips were gently brushing against mine. After a second of confusion my hands twined up into his short, thick, black hair, pulling him closer. And I began kissing him with everything I had. Putting all of my emotions into it.

Marks hands were everywhere all at once stroking me softly... dare I say lovingly? I ran out of breath but when I turned my face away I pulled his lips to my neck, urging him on.

I felt his now sharp canine teeth nick my neck and I couldn't hold back my groan, but Mark suddenly stumbled backwards. Shock clearly written on his face.

"Call your father," was all he said as he turned away and walked out of the cabin. I was frozen My thoughts pounding through my head a mile a minute.

--- what was that? Why did he walk away? What about Tony? What about my freedom? What about last night? if I stayed with him would he threaten me again? Or

would he hurt me?-- My thoughts were interrupted when I felt something warm and wet trickling down the side of my throat. As My hand lifted my finger made contact with liquid pulling my hand back I saw the blood. My blood. I felt my neck quickly. --- Had he marked me?---

My hand only found a small scratch, he hadn't bit into me. --- No mating.--- for some unknown reason my heart dropped when I realized Tristan hadn't marked me. Confused and in a daze I dialed my home phone number.

Momma picked up 3 seconds into the 1st ring.

"Isa?"

"It's me, Momma."

"Oh God! Kaden! Kaden it's Isa!" Momma cried her voice breaking.