Dance

As they approached the destination the music got louder. Soon Dahlia can hear it too, excitement filled the air and they continued to slink through the streets . The mist air became thicker and smelt of salt as they were closer to the harbor. The fog began so dense it obscured their vision.

"I can't see anything." trembled Dahlia as she gripped Allies arm tightly.

"don't worry, I can." Allie soothed as she struggled to navigate. Soon she began lose sight of the surrounding buildings in the  blanket of fog and then she followed the music.  Soon she could see a large foreboding building.

"We're here." Dahlia smiled as she ran inside. The building was old and dusty and it looked like it had not been used for some time. It was filled with crates covered in rags. Allie was about to look inside but was distracted by Dahlia.

"Down here" Dahlia yelled.

Dahlia lead her down a set of metal stairs. the music was very loud now and she could smell the sweet smell of alcohol. At the bottom of the stairs was the was they we looking for. The room was unlike the rest of the building as it was clean with fairy lights dangling from the metal ceiling supports. The room was filled people dancing to the fast music. As they entered the room two women past them up the stairs with an unlit cigarette in their fingers.

"Drunk women smoking with unguarded bags, duty calls." Whispered Dahlia following the women up the stairs. Leaving Allie to look around the pace in wonder.

"How's your head." Asked a familiar voice from behind her.

Spinning around to see the source of the voice, she saw a boy standing behind her. It was the artist, Chess. Chess had a round face with bright blue eyes and dimples marking the edges of sweet smile. He had black hair cut short that made him look older but Allie guessed that he was the same age as her. It was impressive, what he had accomplished.

"You must be Chess," greeted Allie, "Although you look more like Teddy." Allie remembered what Angel had called him.

Teddy laughed, "And with eyes like that you look much more like a Cat"

"Kat," She repeated, " I like that."

"Hi, Kat I'm Teddy," he introduced, "Would you like to dance?"

Kat replied with a smiled and allowed him to lead her on to the dance floor.

Kat had never danced with a boy before. She found it fun and exciting if a little awkward. Neither of them seemed capable of keeping up to the music. She was glad that she came here with Dahlia. Mike had been her boyfriend since she was 14. Whenever they went out together was because he was performing. When he was performing he never has time to dance. She glanced around looking of Dahlia. She was darting around the dance floor sneaking wallets out of bags.

Teddy seemed to notice where Kat attention was directed, "I see your friend is robbing my guests blind."

"Sorry." muttered Kat softly feeling guilty after she may be helping spoil the party he has tried so hard to arrange.

"Don't worry, If they really need the money they should pay more attention." Replied Teddy and they continued to dance.

After a while they stopped dancing and sat down on a cement slab and he handed her a drink so they could talk. Talking to Teddy was easy. Kat loved being someone new, someone different. Kat hadn't lost months of her life and been called a liar by her friends, family and left homeless. She was was just a girl at a party, having fun. She was feeling giddy but Kat wasn't sure it it was the alcohol or Teddy.

"Allie!," Interrupted Dahlia from her thoughts, " I think I have been spotted time to go."

"Looks like we are leaving," sighed Kat jokingly watching Dahlia dart up the stairs.

"Promise me that you'll come to the next party i throw, I would love to see you again." Asked Teddy.

"I promise." Replied Kat before chasing after Dahlia.