Chapter Eighteen

Lemon alert!!!! But you already knew that, right? 😏

It's four in the afternoon when they finally arrive at Theo's apartment. The blond took his time sweeping the floors and wiping countertops to perfection. Naomi just saw it as an excuse to keep her waiting for the steamy plans he made for tonight.

"Welcome home," he says blandly as they walk through the apartment's front door. He takes her hand and guides her inside before quickly closing the door and locking it shut.

She tries her best to make her way around based on the last time she was here. "So Theo Steele," she says finding her way over to the couch. "Why didn't you tell me you were him?"

The golden haired man's eyes grow wide. "Y-you found out?" he stutters. "But who told you?" It clicks in his mind that it can only be one person. "It was Cassandra wasn't is?" he asks only to receive a nod.

"Who told me isn't important," she states. "What's important is why you didn't tell me." She crosses her arms, waiting for him to give her an explanation.

"I thought you would hate me," he answers. "When I saw that you came back in town, I couldn't help but feel as though I owed you something, that I was indebt to you. I mean, you're the reason behind why I can see."

Naomi smiles at his explanation. "Theo," she continues, "truth be told, I fell in love with you since we were teenagers. We were so close back then, and besides, I was a complete loner. I started seeing you as a friend, but then I started falling in love with you. It all just...happened."

Theo frowns before looking down at the carpeted floor. "I'm sorry for how I treated you that day. I was a jerk who just wanted to get away from my past. Being blind isn't exactly the most pleasurable experience."

The brunette giggles at his remark. "I know silly," she says. "I've been living like this for ten, almost eleven years. But Theo, the important thing right now is that I love you. Not for who you use to be, not for your past sins, and not for who you'll become tomorrow. I love you for who you are today, and nothing can change that."

He can't stop himself, not anymore. He bursts out in a fit of laughter, laughter that has him both amazed and confused. He never knew he could laugh like this, he never knew he was capable  of laughing like this. Naomi stares in his direction, wide eyed before laughing herself. "Can I say something crazy?" he asks. The brunette nods, eager to find out what her lover has to say. 

"I think I'm happy."

The world stops for him as he hears himself say those words. Ever since that fire from when he was a kid, he thought he would never laugh again let alone smile. Yet here he is now, laughing more than he ever has in his life, and it's all thanks to this woman who he loves  so much.

He loves her.

Oh.

It's as if he doesn't have time to think. He walks up towards the couch and leans down, quickly connecting his lips to hers. He slowly brushes his on top of hers, moisturizing her slightly chapped lips with his own. It's not long before he gets bored of the same action. He bites down on her bottom lip and she gasps feeling his tongue enter her mouth.

She's trying her best to hold herself together and not crumble into his hands. Her hands wrap around his neck and pull him closer before deepening the kiss. She runs her fingers through the shaved portion of his undercut, feeling him shudder into their kiss.

Naomi gently sucks on his tongue and earns the most pleasing moan she can hear. God,  it's like music to her ears. Her hands explore his broad shoulders that are still covered by his cotton shirt. "T-take it off," she says between pants.