Chapter 8

"W-what?!?" I stared wide eyed at Tails in-front of me. Did he just say what I think he just said?!!?

"Oh its okay I get it.." he mumbled as he lowered his head. I realized then that he thinks I don't like him back. Acting quickly, I gave him a hug, shocking him. "C-Cream?" 

He looked at me as I pulled away from him, " you got it all wrong Tails, I like you too."

"Really?" he was blushing as much as I was right then.

"Really.."I smiled at him warmly, then I realized I still had to get home! ".I think I should get going..."

 "Oh let me walk you home!" he smirked, offering his hand for me to take. I hesitated, then took his hand as we started to walk down the pathways towards my house. I was kind of nervous, making my hand sweat a bit, I would hate for him to notice that, it would be so embarrassing. But something tells me this is the start of something I never experienced before, Love.

(Night's house 6:30)

Cooped up in the corner of the room, I could have sworn I heard faint footsteps in this small apartment. I was cuddling my knees to my body like a little kid. I hated being home alone!

Just then I heard a knock at the door. I slowly got up and crept to the door. I listened in to hear if there was any talking. Then a knock was heard again. I brought all my might into swinging the door open and screaming as I saw a person there, the girl screamed back. Then she stopped and glared at me.

"NIGHT THE HEDGEHOG!!! DON'T EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!" My best friend glared at me, her eyes currently red, showing anger. She was a purple fox with red hair and bangs, that covered her left eye. Her red and purple dragon wings were currently folded behind her back, and her hands at her side balled up in fists. She was waring black jeans with a dark purple top. she was also wearing her normal silver crystal necklace.

I hugged her, "ALICE ALICE!!" I was so glad she was home so I wouldn't be in torture being here alone!

She pried my shivering body off of her and looked me in the eyes which were now green for worried, "I am sorry I left you here..."

"Yeah you better not do that again, you know how I hate being here alone! Especially after what I've been through..." I trailed off not wanting to remember my childhood. she smiled at me warmly, her eyes purple now showing happiness, and patted me on the shoulder.

"Don't worry I wont." she walked over to the couch and spread her wings as she fell face down onto the couch, letting out a muffled sigh.

"Where were you any ways?" I asked moving into the kitchen to grab an apple.

"Just at a party with Kat and Foxy." she replied, still muffled by the cushions of the couch.

I took a bite of my apple before replying, "Oh Kat and Foxy, I know them, they are like best friends." I giggled, "LIKE YOU AND ME! COME HERE ALICE GIMMIE A HUG!" I set down my apple and ran into the living room to see Alice up on her feet backing away as I ran after her.

"NO NIGHT! AHHH!" she squealed running in the other direction. I smirked as I chased after her, forgetting what ever happened earlier, just glad I have a friend that cares.

(Sonic's POV)

I was taking a walk down station square, normally I would be running, but I had a lot of thinking to do, Too much thinking for running.

I guess you want to know what I am thinking about, right? I am thinking about the one and only, Amy Rose.

You see, I am not sure what my feeling are for her yet, I do feel very protective around her, but what does that matter? do you know what, I will just stop thinking about her, and the feelings will go away!