Plot

~ Cari ~

I pulled into the driveway not even bothering to park straight before I shifted the gear and got out to go up to the door.

I was so mad I didn't wanna knock on the door and wait but I was shaking so hard it took me four or five pokes just to get the key in the door.

I came in and could see he was sitting in the living room and I went in and slapped the living shit out of him.

"After all the shit I put up with, you you wanna divorce me? You cheated on me with bitches that weren't even half the female I am, hell you still are. You killed my best friend, someone it hurts to live without. And you wanna divorce me because of a picture without even talking to me about it!"

"Mommy," I heard and looked up to see Karma with the twins standing behind her looking scared.

"Go in there! I'll be over a minute." I told them and they went back into the kitchen, out of sight as Kaelan sat next to Kelly.

"Kaelan go in there." I said calm as I could.

"No, you're yelling at my da-"

"Kaelan get your ass in there." I pointed with gritted teeth and she ran in the kitchen.

Kelly leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees and I squatted down to his level so the kids couldn't hear us perfectly.

"What is there to explain? If that picture was me and Gia you woulda slit my throat before letting me explain."

"You know what I think?" I crossed my arms. "Actually what I know because you're forgetting how well I know you Kelly. You're having an affair and you want to continue messing with her so you wanna divorce me to be with her and this rumor was the perfect opportunity."

He stared at me as I stood up and put my palms on my hips.

"But I'm gonna give you want. Hell, I wish I could sign the dotted line and we be over right now, but know that I'm taking the house, custody of my kids, and I will play the dirtiest to make sure that happens, and I'ma let you see how slit throat I can get."

I decided to leave, not letting my emotions get the best of me because I knew he'd be back as always.

"Kids let's go," I said walking into the kitchen.

"Cari, what-"

"It's fine," I assured his mom. "You can come get his clothes though. Because by the time he tries to come, the locks will be changed."

I got the kids in the car and went home and told Jayda she could leave and let the kids run about as I called a locksmith.

After he changed the locks and I paid him, I started dinner and called up Jacqueline to tell her every detail of everything and she said she would have to call me back in a few days for the case.

I seasoned and put the chicken in the oven and went upstairs seeing my phone buzzing on the nightstand and 'Dell was calling.

"Hello?"

"What's up?" he mumbled.

"About to get divorced after being publicly humiliated, what about you?"

"I'm... I don't know. I don't even know how there was a picture that'd mean someone had to know our room number and been able to place the camera, but who and why?"

"I got a few in mind," I laughed even though I found none of this shit funny.

"Me too... we know a lot of people to get this figured out. Why don't we see what we can find tomorrow. After one, I got practice in the morning.

"Bet. I'll call you at 1."

"Ard."

• Omniscient •

"What's wrong?" Kelly asked sympathetically.

When he told her he was on the way a few minutes ago she seemed fine.

He'd used the spare key outside of her apartment to get in and walked in on her sitting on her living room couch balling tears.

"I just got off the phone with my mom and her cancer's back." she sniffled. "But she can't afford treatments and medicine and I can't either because I'd used all my savings to pay for her last and for her to keep her house. I know you have a lot on your plate but do you think you could possibly help me?"

Now she was telling half truth half lie. Her mother did have cancer and she did use all of her savings to help save her and her mother's house.

However her mother didn't have it back, but she still wanted the money she'd used back and Kelly was how she would.

"Of course babe." he sat beside her, rubbing her back and she looked up at him with watery eyes.

"You're so good to me I don't know what I'd do without you." she hugged him.

Except she did know. Without him, she'd be on to the next baller or NFL player.

"What happened after you heard about Cari and Cordell's news?"

"We're uh... getting divorced. I wasn't sure about it but her reaction when my mom told her," he shrugged not finishing his sentence.

Her eyes got big and her mouth slightly fell open, despite everything, she didn't want to hurt Cari.

She was starting to catch strong feelings for Kelly but him divorcing Cari changed everything.

She no longer wanted a relationship with a man that would leave his wife that stuck with him through everything, and half a dozen kids.

She was smarter than that. She knew how you get em is how you lose em, through past experiences and now she had to find a way to cut off her feelings but still act like they were there to get the money she'd lost.

"That's... that's great." she lied.

"You're not happy?" he asked.

"Ecstatic." she faked a smile. "Now we can move on with us."

"We sure can. She read me though. She knows I was having an affair and I don't know what she'll do next."

Worry took over her face as she thought about what Cari would do to her. She knew she was the fighting type and regardless of the affair she didn't want this situation to get messy but she knew it would from the beginning.

"Don't worry about it. Tell you what, I'll write you a check for five thousand tonight."

She gave him a grin as her thoughts ran wild wondering what was gonna happen next, but little did she know this was just the beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Quavo fanfic will be released after the next chapter of this 😊❤️