twice the fun

Max's P.O.V

When I woke up I felt that the bed was slightly colder than I remember it was, I opened my eyes and found my answer, and Lizzy's side of the bed was empty. I gave a sigh and got up. I headed to the small nursery that was next to my room and found Lizzy next to the crib, she had her elbow resting in the edge of the crib and her head was resting in her hand meanwhile her eyes was slightly closed.

I smiled, even like this she still looked like an angel.

It was my angel.

I walked towards her and slowly wrapped my arms around her tiny waist, she jumped startled and looked at me.

"Max, you scared me." She whispered.

"Why are you here sleeping meanwhile you stand up?" I asked her.

"The babies were crying so after I managed to make the crying stop I stayed here until they both feel asleep but I guess I feel asleep before they could." She said with a yawn.

"Why didn't you wake me up so I could come and check on them instead of you doing it? You have to rest Lizzy." I whispered against her ear.

She gave a small laugh.

"Max, the babies were crying so loud." She said.

"Really, I didn't hear them cry?" I said.

Lizzy smiled and shock her head.

"Of course you didn't, you didn't even wake up when I tried to. Max, a nuclear bomb could explode just right next to your window and you would never notice when you are in that deep wolf sleep." Lizzy said.

I kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry honey." I told her.

"It's okay, they are already asleep." Lizzy said as she gave another yawn.

"Come on let's go, you have to rest as well as I. You need to sleep." I told her.

Lizzy nodded as she walked next to me.

The last days it had been interesting, Lizzy's mom and Abby would be here all day long helping and that was great since Lizzy and I sometimes had hard times trying to handle Braden and Dawn, they were quite hard to please especially when it came to their nap time, they would like to sleep all day long and be awake the whole night which was not great for the first days until one day Lizzy shifted into her wolf form and spend a whole night with them, that the first night they had actually feel asleep and from that day on they would follow the normal sleep schedule that we had but once in a while every night they would wake up crying like any other baby would.

When we got to the bed Lizzy got near me and placed her head on my chest, she was barely falling asleep when the babies started to cry again. She gave a sigh before she started to get up.

"Don't." I said as I pulled her back to the bed.

She looked at me; her green eyes were full of confusion.

"But the babies are-." She started to say.

"I'll go, it's my turn." I said cutting her off.

Lizzy nodded.

"Fine, if you insist." She said before I kissed her forehead.

Lizzy gave a sigh and turned around hugging her pillow as she got ready to fall asleep.

I headed to the nursery and walked up to the babies and pulled both of them out of the crib, as I slowly swayed the babies in my arms I looked around.