chapter 12

~ 3 years later ~

Marceline's P.O.V.

there I lay, a complete wreck even 3 years after he left.

To think I actually thought I had a chance at love.... it was all a lie, something so out of reach that even me, the vampire queen could not get a hold of it. I grabbed my axe bass and began to strum a few cord of the song I wrote.

"Dark thoughts like your black locks,

red wrists, didn't think it would come to this,

never thought we would have a last kiss.

The moon shines, but not like your eyes.

Oh I'll never forget the night when I was yours, and you were mine..."

I sighed, a tear falling onto the bass. a knock on the door pulled me from my depressing thoughts and I got up walking to the door and opening it to see,

Fionna...

"how are you? you know what just Get out." I growled, "before I rip that blonde hair from your mortal scalp!" I scolded in a demonic tone. She winced and that's when I saw the three rigid lines on her face. looked like scars.

"Marceline don't you see, the portal is open. you gotta see Marshall!" She urged, just the sound of his name made me wanna cry.

"Why? He doesn't love me"

"Your joking right? ever since he left he's been depressed, he's cutting everyday and I can hear his crying all the way in my tree house! you have to see him!" She grabbed my arm and I hissed.

"You've been cutting too..." She murmured, turning my arm revealing my forearm which was covered with multiple slits everywhere. I pulled my arm back and sighed.

"He said it too my face, looked me in the eye and told me I was just another girl." I  winced at the reminder of his words. "And why do you care!? your the one who tried to kill me!" I spat.

"he was lying to keep you safe from me, he thinks he's a danger to you and I just want Marshall happy...if that means him being with you then that's what it has too take." She said with a sigh. I thought over it and sighed , pulling on a thin black and red plaid frabriced top, unbuttoning it so my grey tank top showed. I pulled on my black combat boots and didn't bother tying them, following the human back to candy kingdom. there he sat...in the dark corner, his body covered by shadows.

"how are you guys here again?" I asked nervously as we walked toward him.

"They found this unknown under ground cavern filled with the necessary ingredients." She explained.

"Huh, neat." I said and shooed her away as we got closer. She stopped and I walked on, pushing past the crowds till I stood in front of him.

"Marshall." I blurted and his head whipped up. I gasped softly, his cheeks were tear stained and his eyes were bloodshot, he wore a long sleeved black and red sweater and blue jeans. his hair was dirty as if he hadn't bathed in days.

"M-Marceline..." He muttered, his voice hoarse.

"is it true? that you lied to me?" I asked sternly, surprised at his weaken state.

"Marcy I did it too keep you safe." He said, standing up straight now, tearing up.

"damn it..." He muttered turning away from me and shutting his eyes tight.

"I've been a wreck without you Marshall...it's like...I only have half of my heart and the one person I know has the other half won't fix it..." I said shakingly, setting my hand on his back. He turned again to look at me, grabbing my hand in his and holding my hand on his chest.

"Its colder without you...." He whispered, referring to his heart.

"I'm sorry Marceline...I let them trick me into thinking leaving was the right thing to do..." He muttered pulling me closer and resting his forehead on mine.

"I've missed you...my queen..." I couldn't take it, I grabbed his collar and connected our lips in a passionate kiss, he set his hands on my neck as his tongue pushed past the barricade of my lips and I gripped onto his sweater. I missed the taste of those firm lips against mine. so badly.... once we pulled back for air we were both smiling. He hugged me tightly and I laughed hugging me back.

"I'm never leaving....ever again..." He whispered and I smiled.

"You better not..." I replied and with that we floated back to my cave hand in hand.

~~~~~~

NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE LONG AS FUCK AND WILL CONTAIN SEXUAL LITERATURE FOLKS!

I couldn't keep them apart any longer! ahhh!!!

Oh and next chapter will be the last chapter :3

ahh!!! I know!!!! Derp I love you all!! comment vote and follow if you enjoyed!!!