The Mermaid Theory

Credits go to Shane (video up dere) for giving me an idea, you guys should go watch his videos he has a bunch of conspiracy theories videos and more~~

The ocean is the lifeblood of Earth, covering more than 70 percent of the planet's surface, driving weather, regulating temperature, and ultimately supporting all living organisms. Throughout history, the ocean has been a vital source of sustenance, transport, commerce, growth, and inspiration.

Yet for all of our reliance on the ocean, 95 percent of this realm remains unexplored, unseen by human eyes.

In the modern day, most mermaids are depicted as beautiful, female creatures, alluring and gentle and possibly a bit naïve about the ways of us landlubbers. But it wasn't always so.

In ancient times, mermaids usually brought bad news in the form of shipwrecks, death by drowning and storms. Even pirates feared mermaids might trick them out of their loot, or send their ship to the bottom of the sea out of vengeance.

In the olden days, sailors and ship passengers spotted mermaids all the time, and many ocean-going folk regarded mermaids as real creatures of the sea. Of course, many experts write these sightings off as the delirious hallucinations of seamen who had been out on the ocean too long, away from women or any other civilization for that matter.

Some cite the manatee as a possible culprit when it comes to animals which may have been misidentified as "mermaids".

That makes sense well enough. Mermaids and other sea monsters are likely the products of wild imaginations and too many hours spent at sea.

If that's true, we'd have to think there would no longer be mermaid sightings in modern times. The oceans of the world are well explored and people are (theoretically) much wiser when it comes to what's really out there beneath the waves. As our collective knowledge of the sea increased, mermaids should have vanished into the realm of superstition and myth.

But that's not the case. There are alleged mermaids sightings even today, from around the world. So, what are these people seeing? Eventually we can't help but wonder if there is something to these stories, and if sailors from days of old maybe weren't so delirious after all.

Do mermaids exist? If so, where is the proof? How could it be possible that a half-woman, half-fish is really out there?

the world. So, what are these people seeing? Eventually we can't help but wonder if there is something to these stories, and if sailors from days of old maybe weren't so delirious after all.

Do mermaids exist? If so, where is the proof? How could it be possible that a half-woman, half-fish is really out there?

Mermaids are still seen around the world today. Unfortunately, there is also the occasional hoax, manipulated video footage, and plain-old honest mistake. For this reason, it's important to take any sightings account with a grain of salt.

But there are a lot of mysterious creatures allegedly out there, tucked away in the shadows, safe from mainstream science. Is it possible mermaids are real but elusive animals, hidden beneath the vast veil of the world's oceans?.

There's a big problem with this idea. Mermaids, mermen - merfolk - are described as having the upper body of a human and the lower body of a fish. This works just fine for mythology, as there are all kinds of creatures with mixed-up bodies throughout ancient legend, but it makes things tough when we look at it from a biological perspective.