The Diner

^has nothing to do with the chapter, it's just a bop 👌🏽😁 okok carry on

The city is not a place for a girl like Dinah. It was too loud and the people here weren't very pleasant; that is until she found her spot. It was a small diner on Riverdale. She absolutely loved it there, it was like home. Everyone there knew her, she was safe. Every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday she would arrive at the same time; 9:45:29 she's never missed it. Never. If she was even a second off, it would throw her off balance for the day, and that upset her.

&@&@&@&@&

Lauren wasn't having a good Thursday, her alarm didn't go off so she was rushing to get ready, although she didn't have to be anywhere. She had the day off, as if she remembered that. She'd been drinking all night with her best friend, Ally (who by the way, was passed out on Lauren's couch.)
Looks like she had a fun night... Lauren thought, noticing all the "art" plastered on her neck. By the time Lauren had realized she had the day to herself, it's was too late; she had already showered and changed. It was a little past nine, but she decided she could use some breakfast...but she didn't want to cook. Checking her phone for the weather, although she had already predicted the briskness of autumn in New York, it read 56 degrees. Not bad. She thought. Quickly writing a note for Ally, Lauren grabbed her worn out leather jacket and headed out the door.

<~>~<~>~<~>

Dinah was late, there was nothing she hated more! Her head was spinning, nothing was falling in place today. The outfit she had prepared last night was absolutely ruined. Her pup, Raider, chewed her shoes and pissed all over her pants. Of course she had a back up plan, but those are- were her favorite shoes! By the time she was ready, she was already working against the clock and now she can't find her keys! Oh god oh god oh god! She's looked everywhere! She grew more and more frustrated with herself, tapping her thigh as she searched around the room. The keys hung in plain sight on the hook in the wall, exactly where she always keeps them. Eventually she made it out of the door and on her way to the diner. Horns were honking, trains were passing, there were people yelling on the streets, but Dinah was able to get to her safe space before a small anxiety attack broke out.

Upon entering she spotted Emilio, one of her favorite waiters, and greeted everyone as usual; only few realized that she was a tad bit off schedule. As she made her way to her designated booth, she noticed a Raven headed girl had already made herself comfortable...in her spot. Calmly she walked over to the girl quietly mumbling to herself hoping she was loud enough for the stranger to hear.

"Can I help you with something?" This stranger was very attractive in Dinah's eyes but that's besides the point. Before Dinah could speak, Katherine - another one of her favorite waiters- walked over.
"I'm so sorry miss, but would you mind if we moved you to a new seat?" Katherine asked kindly.
"Why? Can't she sit elsewhere? I was here first."
"But that's my seat!" Dinah exclaimed. Nothing was going right today! All she wanted was her breakfast and to be on time! She felt like crying.
"Well tough luck, hun. I'm staying right here." Dinah still hadn't made eye contact with the girl but she noticed the tattoo on the pale girl's wrist. Without any further discussion, Dinah took her seat. Lucky for her the girl sat on the other side, Katherine looked at Dinah with an amused smile and shook her head.

"D, why don't we try somewhere else for today?"
"No, thank you." The tall woman said shyly. This was her booth.
"Look, I don't know what your deal is but I was here first, princess." Dinah completely ignored her and tapped her nail on the table to a rhythm she'd heard last night. "Hello! For god sakes! Can you remove her?" Lauren spat.
"I'm sorry, miss, I can't do that." Katherine said taking a look at Dinah then back again at Lauren. "Could I maybe interest you in some free dessert?"
"No!" Dinah flinched back and began humming, shaking her leg now. "Would ya stop?" She slammed her hand in the table, making Dinah cower and whimper in her seat. Dinah didn't like confrontation but she wasn't moving.
"Excuse me, but can you not yell at her please?" Shawn walked over, seeing as though Katherine couldn't calm the situation. "Dinah, come on... I'll get you another great seat." He held his hand out for her, but she didn't move. Lauren watched with guilt, she didn't mean to upset the girl to that extent. Clearly she wasn't...all there. Or something...
"Fine," Lauren stated. "I'll move." She slid out of the booth and followed Katherine to her new seat. Shawn took Lauren's place leaving his hands open on the table; cautiously Dinah placed her hand over his but continued humming.
"You're okay." He said. Dinah mumbled an apology to Shawn; she felt extremely bad for the scene she had caused. "Don't worry about it, I'll send her a muffin and tell her it's from you." He winked making Dinah smile and nod. "I'll bring your food out as soon as I can, okay?"
"Okay."