Chapter Nine

I rolled over till I felt comfortable enough. After turning over a few more times, I gave up and got up. Clearly, I wasn’t going to sleep anytime soon. I walked to my window, staring out at the sky.

“Since when did you start looking out of your window all dreamily?”

I jumped in fright, “OhmyPineapple, Lola!”

She shut the door behind her quietly and stood beside me.

We stared out silently, watching the stars twinkle, until she started giggling.

“I feel like we’re in a movie and we just had sex so now we’re staring out-”

I shoved my fingers into my ear and started singing, “LALALALALALALA! Can’t hear you!”

She laughed and then grabbed my hands, “I’m joking, silly.”

I pretended to gag, “Gross.”

“Whatever. You know you want to tap this.”

This time, I really gagged. “You’re my sister. That’d be incest. Also, sleeping with a Woman? Please. Don’t make me sick.”

Lola giggled and hugged me, “Aww! Look at you! All gay!”

“I thought we had all established that fact.”

She smirked, “Kay, thanks. That’s all I needed.”

I looked at her in confusion until she pulled out her phone and pressed the Stop Recording button.

I hissed, “YOU RECORDED ME SAYING I WAS GAY?”

She nodded.

“Gimme that!”

“Nuh uh. Now everytime you say you aren’t gay, I will play that.”

“You are evilshmevil.”

“And YOU are a cutiepatootie! Oh wait, a very GAY cutiepatootie!”

I groaned and threw myself face first, on my bed, “Get out of my room.”

Lola jumped right on top of me, shoving my head into the pillow, “Then stop hanging out with Xavier.”

I thrashed around and pushed her off, “You could ask nicely! Without trying to kill me!”

She shrugged, “Instilling fear is how one should rule.”

“You...need therapy.”

She pressed play and I groaned as I heard myself saying,