Chapter Twenty-One

“So.”

“So?”

“So.” Mandy nodded.

“Soooooo...” Amy, sang.

Julian turned in his seat and looked at me, “Well, do you plan on explaining why I’m wasting a perfectly good date with you?”

Amy snickered, “You should keep your friends close and your enemies closer, brother.”

Julian glanced at her from the corner of his eye, still facing me. Then his gaze swivelled back to meet mine, “Kenny. What did she tell you?”

I crossed my arms, “More like, what have you not been telling me?”

Julian stood up, “That’s it. We’re leaving.”

I raised an eyebrow, “We?”

Julian glared at me, “I’m not going to stand here and listen to this. You’re either with me or without. Are you going to sit here and believe MY sister over ME?”

I looked at Amy who was smirking at Julian and then back to Julian who was too busy glaring at me to notice.

I stood up shakily, “Julian, I-”

Julian quickly held my hand and pulled me towards him, “Amy, you have issues. Why can’t you just let me be happy with him? What kind of sister even does that?”

Amy snorted, “The kind who might possibly think that your version of happy is twisted. Ever thought that Kenny’s version of happy might not even be with you? Oh wait, you did! Which is why you eliminated all chances of him ever-”

“Stop. Shut the hell up. You don’t even-”

I pulled my hand away from Julian’s, “Wait, you mean, Amy wasn’t lying? Okay, this world is officially ending, gardening tools.”

Mandy was just sitting there quietly sipping on her drink, staring at us with wide eyes.

Amy stood up now, slamming her hands on the table, “I don’t even what? What? Admit it, Jules. Your entire relationship is one big fat lie. Freaking hypocrite.”

I sighed, holding my palm up, stopping Julian from talking.

Amy smiled triumphantly and crossed her arms.

“Both of you have issues. So, Julian lied and probably made sure I had no kind of dating life while he had one almost as bad as yours. You’ve slept with half this state’s population. Or more. I don’t even want to know.”

Both of them opened their mouths to protest but I quickly took some fries from the table next to us and stuffed it in their mouths.