Broken love

Ugh, that stupid freaking siren. I woke up and felt something warm underneath me, so I cuddled closer to it. Then somebody started shaking me, which was really annoying so I buried my face in my warm pillow. But then it started moving. What the hell?

I look up and see a smirking Squid. "Hey beautiful" he said, "Time to dig." I groaned and placed my head back in his neck. He shuddered, while the guys were laughing. "Come on Princess, you gotta get up." "Let me sleep, X" "Nope" X-ray said and I felt a pair of hands on my waist that tried to pull me off of my cot. "AHHHHH!!" I tried to grab something, but I got pulled up and away from my cot. "Okay, okay, just let me get dressed first." X-ray let me go and I walked to my cot. The guys turned around and I grabbed my clothes. Just as I was about to take off my pjs, I see Squid still laying on my cot with his arms behind his head and just looking at me. "Umm Squid, could you look away?" "Ugh, fine." He rolled over so his back was towards me. I quickly put on my clothes and then I pushed Squid out of my cot.

The guys turned around at the sound of the noise and started laughing when they saw Squid laying down there. "Oh come on Princess, what was that for?" Squid asked me while getting up. "You should've turned around." "I did!" "Not immediately" I said back with a smirk.

I walked outside and waited for the guys. When they came out we went to the library and grabbed our shovels. Then we grabbed our usual breakfast thingy, I still have no idea what the hell it is. I'm still really tired and I don't want to walk, then I got an idea. "Squid?" "Yeah?" "Can you give me a piggyback ride, pretty please?" I asked while putting on my puppy eyes. "Fine." He said while rolling with his eyes. He placed his shovel into the ground and I did the same. He let me jump on his back and he held me up by my thighs. I grabbed our shovels and he walked us to the place where we gotta dig.

Today is warmer then usual, so I'm kinda glad that I don't have to hide my scars anymore, but I'm still a bit insecure about it. I wrap the arms of my jumpsuit around my waist, I am so glad that I put on a top. I hear wolf whistles and look to see the guys of my tent. "Seriously guys?!" "Can't help it Princess, you're just to damn gorgeous." Squid replied, of course he had to say that. I blushed when he said that. Why do I keep blushing because of him?! "Aww darlin', did I make you blush again?" He asked with a smirk. "Ugh" I'm just gonna ignore him. "I'll take that as a yes." And the other guys laughed.

At around noon the water truck arrived, I took my canteen and stood in the line. Mr. Sir looked shocked when he saw me, probably because of the scars, but he doesn't say anything about them. I then grabbed my cookie and went back to my hole for some shadow. When I sat down, Squid came and sat next to me. We didn't say anything we just sat there. It was comfortable, not awkward for some reason. After eating and drinking, we went back to digging.

When I was done, I yelled for Squid to help me out again. He came to my hole and just looked at me, but then he suddenly jumped in the hole. "Umm, what are you doing?" I asked him. He didn't say anything, he just took a step forward and because we were in a hole, he was really close, so I took a step back. But my back was pressed against the side of the hole and had nowhere to go. He placed his hands on my waist and his face drew closer. My heart was pounding out of my chest, I'm sure he could hear it. His lips drew near my ear and he whispered "How about we get you outta here. ".

His hands went off my waist, he climbed out of the hole and then he pulled me out of the hole. I was about to grab my canteen and shovel, but Squid pulled me against his body. He was taller then me so I had to look up. He was really close and then I heard those damn wolf whistles again and I started blushing and looked down. He placed his fingers underneath my chin and lifted my gaze to his face and of course he was smirking. "Princess, a beautiful girl like you should never look down." My heart started pounding again. What the hell is he doing to me.

We just stood there, staring in each other's eyes. I felt everything around us drowning away until it was just us. I don't want to leave this moment.

But then I had that little voice in de back of my head that kept saying that I didn't deserve him, that he was to good for me. I felt like a failure. I mean maybe my mom was right. Maybe I'm just a failure.

I stepped out of his arms and placed my gaze on the ground. I grabbed my canteen and my  shovel. "Thanks. " I said not louder than a whisper and walked back to camp. I put away the shovel back in the library and went to the tent. I saw that there was nobody inside. I quickly replaced my working clothes with my relaxation clothes and put the dirty work clothes in the laundry room, because today was the day that the clothes would be washed. I didn't feel like taking a shower and just went to lay in bed.

I guess I fell asleep because I was awoken by armpit saying that it was time for dinner.

I stood in line, grabbed my plate, got my food and sat down. I grabbed my fork to eat, but I wasn't hungry so I was just moving it around, while zoning out of the conversation. "Princess?" "Huh, what?" I asked. I looked around and saw everyone from our table looking at me. "I asked if you wanted to go to the wreck room with us after dinner. " " I'm sorry guys. I'm just really tired, so I'm gonna go to bed early. " They all said 'okay' or 'sure' and went back to eating. "Princess, are you gonna eat something? You haven't taken any bite yet for as far as I have seen. Are you okay?" X-ray asked. "I'm fine, just not really that hungry. " They all looked with shocked faces at me. "What?" I asked. "Guys you're gonna catch flies if you keep your mouths open like that." "You're not hungry? You? Our food queen?" I shrugged. "Okay, what's wrong?" X-ray asked,"Guys I'm fine, really. I'm just tired, so I'm gonna go and get some sleep." And with that I stood up, gave my bread to Squid, but he took my wrist and stared into my eyes. "I wanna talk to you later, okay?" I said fine and took my plate, put it away and went to the tent.

I entered the tent, put on my pjs and dropped down on the bed. I felt weak, tired, I even didn't have the power to put my blanket on myself, so I just closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I look around. Where am I?
"Look who we got here." That voice, I know that voice. Squid. "Got lost?" He said in a mocking way, but where is he? I got pushed to the ground, but when I looked up I saw nobody. I stood up and suddenly there she was standing. My mom. "You really think he likes you?" She sneered to me,"He feels sorry for you. How could anyone like you." With ever sentence she said she came closer and her voice became louder. I couldn't move, I was frozen. "You don't deserve to be happy! After everything you did! He is gone because of you! Your fault!" She ran at me, I closed me eyes and placed my arms in front of my face to protect me, but the impact never came. I opened my eyes and Squid was  standing there now. "She's right you know. How could anyone like you." I felt tears coming up, but he didn't stop. "No one likes you, those scars just add to your ugliness. I don't know how anyone would even want to acknowledge you. You are pathetic."

And then I broke...

A/N
So for a long time I lost interest in this story, but now I'm getting my interest back. Yayyyyyy!!!!! I wrote half of this chapter and then I had to sleep and then I just didn't feel like writing, buuuuuuuut I felt like writing sooooooo I wrote the end of this chapter. I will try and write another one soon and with school starting, I will try anything to not do homework so I'll probably write and btw 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱I almost reached 500 reads on this book, to you it might be not that much, but I was freaking out when I saw that.  

Read you next time!!
Byeeeeeeeeeeee