Nightmares and scars

I am in my room, I hear yelling from downstairs. Then I hear a door slam shut, somebody running up the stairs and not a second later my mom is standing in the doorway. "This is all your fault! You're the reason he left!"   " Mommy, what's going on? Where's daddy?" My younger self asked. " He's gone because of you! You little brat! It's all your fault!" She then grabbed me by the straps of my dress that I was wearing and threw me of the stairs. " It's your fault! It's all your fault!" She ran to the kitchen and came back with glasses and plates. She started to throw them at me. " Stop! Please stop! It hurts!" I kept yelling at her, but she didn't stop, she never stopped.

"Faith!" I felt somebody's hands on me. " No! Please stop, it hurts" A glass got smashed and pieces of it were in my arms. "Faith, wake up!" I heard voices yell.

I suddenly jolted up, I was breathing heavily. "Princess , are you okay?" I heard somebody say and then I felt a hand on my arm. I jerked my arm away and look whose hand it was. It was still dark outside, but I recognised Squid's face. "Squid?" I asked, but my voice wasn't louder then a whisper and it sounded like I was on the verge of tears. He nodded his head and I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in it. He tensed a bit, but then he wrapped his arms around my waist. I cried on his shoulder, but he didn't seem to care, all he did was hug me even tighter.

When I calmed down a bit, I saw that the other guys were also standing around my cot. "Princess, are you okay?" X-Ray asked. I removed my arms from Squid's neck and turned around so I could see everybody, but Squid kept his arms around my waist and hugged me from behind. "I'm fine, it was just a nightmare." I said. "But what was it, you were screaming really loud and you're also burning up." Armpit asked. " It was nothing really, don't worry about it." I gave them a fake smile, but they didn't seem to buy it. They did stop asking questions and went back to their cot. Squid unwrapped his arms around me and laid me down in my cot. He was about to step away, but I grabbed his arm and asked him to stay with me. He smiled and said okay. I scooted over and he crawled in. He wrapped the blanket around both of us and then he wrapped his arm around my waist and the other held my hand while my head was laying on his chest. I felt safe and I fell back asleep and I thought I heard Squid say 'Don't worry Princess, I'll keep you safe.' And I fell in a dreamless sleep.

The sound of the siren like horn was the first thing I heard when I woke up, but then I heard people sniggering. I didn't know why. Suddenly I felt something moving underneath me, so I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw were chocolate brown eyes staring right back at me. Then I remembered last night and I started blushing, which made Squid smirk. "Come on lovebirds, time to dig some holes. " X-ray said, while laughing at us. I stood up and asked everyone to turn around. They did, I took of my pyjamas, put on a top, a sport short and on top of that the jumpsuit they gave me. I said they could turn around again and they started getting ready. I grabbed my canteen and went to get my shovel and breakfast.

I grabbed a shovel and a piece of bread with that weird stuff on it and waited for the guys. We started walking to where we had to dig and Squid walked on my right while Zero walked on my left.

We have been digging for a couple hours, but that nightmare from last night was still in my head. It was from the day my dad left and the day I got my first scars. I zoned out while digging, I wasn't paying any attention to what was going on around me and I didn't even realise that the water truck had arrived until I felt myself being pulled out of my hole. I looked behind me and saw it was Squid. " What's wrong?" I asked Squid and he pointed to the water truck. I mumbled a thanks, grabbed my canteen and went to stand in the line. I got my water and a cookie, I drank and ate and went back to digging.

I zoned out again that I didn't see that I was digging too deep. It was definitely deeper then 5 foot and I didn't even realise until Squid jumped in the hole and took my shovel. I looked at him confused. "Princess, what are you doing?" "What do you mean?" I asked him. " Why are you digging this deep?" I gave him a confused look and saw that the hole was bigger then me. He chuckled and climbed out of the hole with the shovel. Then he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me up. He pulled me straight into his chest and his face was really close near mine. He stared into my eyes and I did the same. Then we heard wolf whistles from the other guys and Squid let go of my waist and scratches the back of his neck. "Thanks. " I mumble, grab my canteen and shovel and walk back to camp.

I arrive at camp and go to the tent, say hello to Zero, which he says back. I was the only one he talked too in camp. I grabbed my shampoo, new undergarments and relaxation clothes. I go to the cabin of the Warden and knock on te door. "Hello Faith,come on in, you know where the bathroom is. " "Thank you" I smiled and she smiled back. I go to the bathroom and again I take a quick shower to not make the Warden angry. I put on my new undergarments, a top and a pair of shorts with the jumpsuit on top of it.

I get back to the tent and the guys are all inside. I walked over to my cot, but then I saw that Squid was laying shirtless on his cot and I started blushing. I placed all my stuff away and then I laid down on my cot, only to have too get up a second later as it is time for dinner.

The guys and I go to the dining hall, grab our food and sit down. I started devouring my food again as the others were talking. I was done with my plate and Squid switched ours again, as usual.

We eventually went back to the tent and talked about all sorts of stuff. Mom said that it was lights out, Squid quickly ran out to the bathroom because he had to pee and I asked the guys to turn around. I took of my jumpsuit and as I was just about to take of my shirt, Squid walked back in.

"Who did this to you!?" Squid yelled and I knew he was talking about the scars. Everybody turned around and was shocked. There was no point of trying to hide them. "Who the hell did this to you!?" Squid yelled again and just thinking about it made a few tears escape. He saw and pulled me in a hug. Then I started full on crying and wrapped my arms around him. He pulled back and placed his hands on both of my cheeks, making me look at him. "Who did this to you, Princess?" I saw sadness and anger in his eyes. "My mom and my boss." I whispered, but he still heard. "Why?" I heard his voice crack. "My mom said it was my fault that my dad left, so she started getting drunk again and started throwing stuff at me. My boss beats me when I do something wrong. " he hugged me again even tighter then before. " It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay." He kept saying. "No, it's not." "Yes, it will. I will make sure of it."

Then all the guys came around me and Squid and gave us a group hug. I'm actually glad that they now know. " You know what Princess, you don't have to hide them scars, because they show that you went through stuff and survived. They also make you look a lot tougher." X-ray said and the other guys nodded, showing that they agreed. "Thanks guys" I said and smiled at them. They then turned around so I could put on my pyjamas and then we all went to our cots. Except for Squid who crawled in my cot, which I didn't really mind. I placed my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his chest, while his went around my waist. I also blushed a bit when I realised he wasn't wearing a shirt, then he whispered in my ear "I won't let anything ever happen to you again, I promise. " and he gave me a kiss on my cheek. Then I fell in a blissful sleep.

A/N sorry that it took so long, I wasn't sure if there were people who really wanted to read this, but thank you
@yoyoyo1234567890 for voting on my story and I will make another chapter soon
Byeeeeee