Day Five

The distinct tapping of hail on a window is what rouses me. Thunder rumbles in the background as the rain patters against the roof outside. I love storms. So beautiful- deadly, but beautiful. Wind makes the sky whistle faintly and flashes of light from the lightning flicker through the window and over my partially closed eyelids.

I'm glad for the storm; it cuts through the eerie silence that lets me know that I'm alone. I'm in my bed at Loonie's- how I got here, I'll never know- and the house is deathly silent, apart from the occasional groan and crack of the house's interior. But even the storm can't mask the deafening thoughts that blare across my mind- most of them pertaining to Luca.

An extra loud crack of thunder after the lightning causes my eyes to snap open fully. I stay perfectly still, but turn my head to the window in my room. The rain had slowed to a stop, but the sky still groans and flashes. I close my eyes again, relaxing at the sound of water running down the drain pipe. Without realizing it, I fall asleep.

The next time I wake, there's only the sound of rain, no thunder or hail. I also recognize the dip in my bed where someone's shifting their weight from side to side. Please let it be another hallucination, I don't want to talk to anyone right now.

Unfortunately, my hallucinations can't bend matter- meaning I wouldn't be able to feel the impression on my bed. I crack my eyes open and stare at the boy sitting at my feet.

"Andy?" I squint, trying to see through my sleep-blurred vision. After blinking multiple times, I see Andrew smiling carefully at me.

"Hey. Sleep well?" He leans down to kiss me, but I edge away. His pout is tempting, but I decline his lips entirely.

I stand up hurriedly from my bed in only a pair of boxer shorts... ones that I wasn't wearing yesterday. What the- did they strip me or something? Das nasty. "Luca's dead." I state. He has to be, there's no possible way he'd still be alive.

Andy's daunting gray eyes stare back at me. "Dakota, Luca's going to be okay. He'll be in the hospital for a couple of days, maybe a week, but h-"

"No, he's dead." I nod, mostly to myself, and head for the shower. Andy tries to tell me more lies, but I just lock the bathroom door behind me and tug the water on. I drop my boxers and step in, shivering violently at the cold water. Eventually it warms up enough for me to focus and I rub my temples.

Yesterday. I try to remember all of what happened yesterday, but every time I think about it, the events will change. Like, one time I see myself being r*ped by Luca's father while Luca and Andy joke around and laugh in the corner. Another time, Luca's dead body lays on his father's bed, yet his father's still violating him in grotesque ways. And lastly (my favorite), Luca's r*ped and mutilated body lays beside my own r*ped and mutilated body while his dad grins down at both of us- his work finished.

I try not to pick which one I want to be real, because I don't think any of them are, but also because I can't really choose how I'd wish for last night to go. All I need to know is that there was r*pe, Luca's dad, Luca, and Luca's Number. Luca's dead.

I finish cleaning up and quickly dry off, wanting to talk to Andy now. I need to give my condolences. With only my boxers and a towel on, I slip back into my room and gently take Andy's hand. He looks so f*cking confused, but at the moment, I really don't care. "I'm sorry about Luca,"