Prologue

Taehyung was going to work hard. He was going to put everything in him to become who he wanted to be. And as a 16-year-old, to come to that decision, was a mark of maturity.

He hated everything around him.

He hated the attention.

He hated the constant nagging.

He hated the reminder that he was, in fact, not his brother.

He scrunched his nose and tried to move the glasses from the tip of his nose to the top of it. The teacher always taught the class things Taehyung knew about. So he rested his hand on his cheek and monitored the girl in front of him.

She bent forward, scribbling something on a piece of paper. He noted the change in her handwriting: neat, to unreadable. He smiled to himself as she finally looked up and rotated her wrist.

He was going to ask her a question when the bell rang, and she began to pack up her things. She shouldered her bag, and left the class immediately, before anyone else. The paper she had been writing lay crumpled near the class bin. She threw it over her shoulder without a second glance. But instead of falling into it, it fell near the dustbin after striking the rim. He tried to call out to her, but she did not even turn back. He put the one book lying on top of his desk into his bag and walked toward the crumpled piece of paper.

He picked it up and his hand lingered over the dustbin. But...she had thrown it away, and that meant that she did not need it anymore, correct? He opened it, and read it as he walked down the stairs of his school. He paused and scoffed at what she had written on the ruled page.He straightened it, trying to ensure the greatest survival of the page. Whatever she had written on the paper had only solidified what he had already decided and known.

He placed the paper on top of his desk when he arrived home and smiled at it. This...this was what he wanted. This paper held everything he wanted.

"Taehyung," his mother called out. He turned his head, covering the paper and hiding it under his English textbook.

"Do you want to eat something?" She asks. Her voice sweeter than apples, not a smudge of a doubt on her innocent face. He nodded and turned back around. He looked out of his window and he didn't feel so alone anymore. He hated everything around him a little less than he had that morning.

[A/N: So, my idea is that I will write prologues for the Maknae line for Kookie Day, and then write prologues for Hyung line for Namjoon's birthday. Hope you guys are excited about what's in store. ENJOY!]