Chapter 4: See That C By The Sea

•Emma's POV•

I didn't want to get out of bed. I had been woken up quite rudely by an alarm set on my phone and the blaring it was emitting had frustrated me enough to contemplate throwing my phone against the wall.

And do you know what made it worse?

I had went back to sleep, knowing I had free time on my hands only to be woken up again by another alarm. However this alarm I couldn't turn off nor throw at the wall as it was human.

"Get your ass out of bed already, Emma. It's past nine already." Daniel grumbles, pulling the blankets off of me before literally rolling me out of bed.

Landing on my wooden floor, I emit a groan of pain as I rub my shoulder that hit the floor first. "Is it really necessary to shove me off my bed?"

"Knowing you, if I didn't you would have went back to sleep." Leaving my room, just to tick me off even more. He leaves my door wide open.

Isn't he just the best?

Rising up from the floor, I go to close my door before returning towards my bed. Only to halt when I remember what time Daniel said it was. Heading towards the boxes in the corner of my room, I dig through a few of them until I find my skateboard.

I started at the board for longer than I normally would. Last time I used this was when I was with him. There were so many memories that were flashing in my mind. Ones that brought me pain.

Don't think about it. I tell myself before setting the board down and heading towards the shower.

Once I had finished in the shower, I slip on some undergarments before searching for an outfit. Slipping one one article at a time I come to a stop in front of my closet mirrors to examine my choice.

I had a white, V-neck spaghetti strapped blouse on paired with some ripped denim shorts. On my feet I had my white converse and a cream knitted cardigan was pulled on over my shoulders.

Fixing my hair in soft curls and doing a light makeup look, I apply some concealer to my wrists as well. Grabbing my small backpack along with my phone and skateboard, I make my way downstairs.

Eating a light breakfast and feeding the dogs, I exit my house and meet up with Shawn and three other boys that stood out front. Before I could pass through the front door I hear mother call my name.

"Don't stay out to late, Emma." Mother tells me, her eyes meeting mine. Her expression giving nothing away.

"I won't." Not glancing back, I close the front door shut and walk the short path to reach the boys who stood in the middle of the street.

"Hey, you ready?" Shawn greets me, a smile on his face.

"I am." Turning to face the three unknown faces, Shawn leads me closer to them before introducing me.

"This is Ethan, Luke and Nick. Guys this is Emma."

"You ready to go swimming, Emma?" Ethan, I believe asks me. His eyes subtly gazing at my legs before bringing them up to meet my eyes slowly.

Pretending as if I didn't notice his eyes on me, I turn to face the other two to greet them personally when Ethan's words hit me.

"We're going swimming?" I question astonished. Looking over at Shawn, I see a nervous smile adorning his lips as one of his hands came around to rub the back of his neck.

"Yea, didn't Shawn tell you?" Nick asks me, glancing at Shawn to see his expression.

"You don't have a bathing suit on, do you?" Luke now questions.