Prologue

Emma Chase, an eighteen year old with forest green eyes and light brown hair. With the height of 5,7 and a reputation, she was the girl everyone knew.

Emma was one of the many teens with popularity. The ones who hang out with the football players and cheerleaders, but she wasn't known for being in sports or because of her looks.

Her popularity only started to blossom in junior year, everyone had learned her name after that night. But after it happened, everyone started calling her a different name. Everyone saw her as the girl with no fear, the dare devil, she was always up for the chase that brought adrenaline. So that's what they called her, Chase.

Emma didn't mind since it was her last name. She thought at least I have friends, at least people know me, and finally I'm not invisible anymore.

But did they? Did they truly know her?

Before junior year nobody had known her. Nobody knew or heard of Emma Chase. She was the face in the background. She was a ghost. In school at least.

Emma was the "good girl". Did her homework and never got into trouble. She kept to herself and stayed in her own little world. It was the same thing every day.

Wake up. Go to school. Do homework. Eat dinner. Go to bed. Repeat.

That's what her parents had first thought of course.

No one knew of the times Emma had snuck out of the house clad in all black with a pair of keys in her hand. No one would know what she did after the sun set.

She was a ghost in a whole other manner.

No one had seen the face of the driver of the sleek black car. One that hid significantly well in the dead of night.

With her popularity rising quickly with the help of a certain someone, she had decided that she was content with how her life was. She didn't want anything else to change.

What she didn't expect was to witness what she did when she had followed him. That one decision changed her life. For the worst or better can be argued. But what's done is done and her life would never go back to the way it once was.

That didn't stop her from trying however. So after one night of overhearing a conversation, she packed up her family and moved them across to a whole new country.

She had planned to leave her old life back in LA along with the reputation she had created. Emma didn't want it to get out of hand so she choose to settle it. She ended it the same year it started in her junior year. Or so she thought.

Emma thought that since she was gone, her reputation would vanish too, but it still continues to thrive. People try to do what "Chase" did, but fail.

They still do.

She had walked around her old school with a bright, bold, and confident smile. When she walked through the halls everyone greeted her and moved out of her way. She was praised in her school for what she was known for, and who she was with. No one cared about who she was behind that smile of hers.

Emma Chase, a girl who acted the exact way society expected her too. No one really knew who Emma was, but they knew all about "Chase". They knew her as the one who never breaks, the one that has no care in the world and that is up for anything to do with adrenaline. The descriptions she received fit "Chase", but not Emma. It was like two completely different people.

Now she starts a new life, in a new town, in a new country. Only time will tell if she will show them Emma or Chase.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Here is a little insight to what the book will be about, I hope you all enjoyed it. Please bare with me as these next few chapters may appear boring it isn't until a few chapters in that the drama starts to kick in.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a good day everyone!

Edit: In a later chapter I mention a playlist on Spotify that goes to this book and so with that I'm placing this note here to tell new readers that if you like to listen to music while reading, there is a playlist on Spotify called 'BTIS'. I hope you enjoy it and if you have any recommendations to add you can always message me or comment.

Have a good day!!