Chapter 6/ Too Little Too Late

Star spent her Thursday night writing in her diary. She wrote down a few last thoughts before she left for Mewni. Her bags were all packed with all her clothes and half the junk in her secrets closet. The magical palace in the Diaz household would soon transform back into a regular, tiny bedroom it once was.

She wrote the last of her thoughts into her notebook and ripped out the page. Quietly, Star went outside of her room to tape the page on the front of her door. When she went back inside, her book of spells magically flipped pages and Glossaryk popped up. He stretched his arms and ran his blue fingers down his strangled beard.

"Leaving so soon for Mewni? The wedding isn't until tomorrow afternoon. You still have time to say your goodbyes and get ready in the morning," Glossaryk pointed out.

"It's too hard, Glossaryk. How am I able to face Marco that I'm leaving him forever. The look on his face will only make it worse," Star responded and she took her wand.

The wand whirled around the air, letting a pink orb surround its head.

"Super magic room change back!" Star yelled.

She had hoped the Diaz's didn't hear her shout. The room downsized into its normal shape. The stairs were gone, the enchanted bed was gone, the walls faded into brown paint, the floors were wiped with rough carpet, and everything was back to normal.

"It's time to go home, Glossaryk," Star gave him a tired smile.

Glossaryk rolled his eyes and lied on his back. He let himself float gently down the torn up pages and let the book close by itself. Star grabbed her book and created an incision in mid air with her dimensional scissors. The dimension led her in her old room. She dropped all luggage inside the worm hole before stepping through with the book. Star glanced at the old fashioned room one more time and forced herself to smile. The worm hole closed and the room was empty and silent.

-

The next morning was supposed to be Star's last morning on Earth. Marco got out of bed earlier than usual so he could spend his last few moments with Star. When he walked out of his room, Marco noticed a note taped on Star's bedroom from the night before. He ripped it off the door and skimmed through the words.

"Hi Marco, it's Star. I just wanted to say my final goodbye to you because if you're reading this, I've already left for Mewni. Before I get married to Tom, there is something I've been wanting to tell you. I'm in love with you Marco Diaz! Surprise! I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. But I know I'm never going to forget your smile or your laugh. I'll never forget your big, brown eyes. Or your bold personality and every moment I spent witu you. I know you're still with Jackie and I'm totally happy for you! Don't worry about me, Diaz. I'll be fine. You have an awesome family, so don't forget to show them some love. You have Jackie, who will most likely be YOUR future bride. You have Janna and Ferguson and Alfonso and many more friends. You have the laser puppies and a super awesome life ahead of you. Thank you for your delicious nachos and taking care of me and Friendship Thursdays and fighting monsters with me and all your hugs. I'll miss you, goodbye!
Love, Star Butterfly"

Marco stared blankly at nothing. He felt a force push him forward where he collapsed on his knees and fell down with his heart. It was aching and sinking deeper within.
He felt a lump in throat he tried to swallow down and soon felt difficulty breathing. There was so much fury and misery, he didn't know whether to scream or cry. So he did both.

"NO!" Marco cried and broke into a river of tears.

His fists banged on the room's door and it swung open. He noticed it's familiar appearance and felt that same strike of pain through him. It stung more than a bee ever could. Soon, his parents came rushing upstairs to investigate.

"Marco!" Angie gasped and kneeled beside her son.

"Son, what is the matter?" Raphael asked scratching his head.

"Star is gone," Marco choked.

Raphael and Angie exchanged looks, but their staring was soon interrupted by a knock. Raphael insisted in answering the door and found Janna standing outside in her casual attire.

"Janna. Now is not a good time," Raphael laughed nervously.

"What? Why? I came here to say goodbye to Star," Janna said.

"Well," Mr. Diaz looked down, "Star is gone."

Janna's eyes grew wide. He saw Angie walking a crying Marco down the stairs and he turned to her. She saw those broken, brown eyes and felt the same stinging pain impale through her. It was as sharp as a knife and she let herself inside the house. She ran to Marco and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Where's Star?" Janna sniffled.

"She's in Mewni," Marco replied effortlessly.

"STOP LYING! We haven't even said our goodbyes yet!"

"WELL, SHE'S GONE AND NEVER COMING BACK," Marco yelled back.

Marco jerked away from Janna's grasp and stared her down.

"There's got to be another way. You can't just leave her there and be unhappy forever. How dare you," she spat.

Marco was going to apologize, but he realized there really wasn't anything he should be sorry for. He glanced at the clock reading 9 o'clock. The wedding didn't start until 12. He remembered. The dimensional scissors he earned.

"Janna, we've got to go," Marco said.

"Where exactly are you two going?" Angie asked.

"We'll be back just in time for lunch. I just need to tell Star something. Plus, she forgot to invite her best friends to her wedding," Marco said and he ran upstairs holding onto Janna's wrist.

The two walked inside Marco's room and he searched inside his drawers for the scissors. Janna took a look around and nodded to herself.

"So, like your mama said. Where are we going?" Janna asked.

"To crash a wedding," Marco replied, slicing the air with his dimensional scissors.

TO BE CONTINUED