Chapter 2

Addy's P.O.V.

I'm about 15 minutes away from my hometown. I decided that once I get into my hometown I am going to stop and get lunch at a local cafe that isn't too far from my house. 

I walk inside the cafe and sit down at a table. Mrs. June an older women in her 60s has owned and run the cafe for years. She comes to my table and says "Addy my dear how are you? Why aren't you in college?" I smiled and replied "I'm alright  Mrs. June, I actually am taking a break from school."  I spent over an hour talking to Mrs. June she was like a family member almost, she really helped me over the years with decisions, and she had given me my first job at this cafe when I was 15 so I came and asked her for advice. She made me feel a lot better about myself and gave me confidence in going home. I knew my dad wouldn't be as upset with me as my mom would be. Mrs. June gave me good tips and told me to just be honest with my parents and that they both love me and want whats best for me. 

I left the cafe with a full stomach and a lot on my mind, but I felt better going home after talking to Mrs. June. 

I parked my car in the oh so familiar driveway where I grew up. I sighed as I opened my car door and walked up to the front door. Using my key to open it. I walked inside to hear my mother gasp  "Addy!? What are you doing here? It's your first day of classes isn't it?" I sighed and asked her to sit down. 

I then explained not really liking college. I told her I wasn't passionate about it. I explained to her about my YouTube channel and how I had been growing subscribers from singing. Mom didn't really think that I could be capable of a big audience; she thought it was silly and pointless. She told me that she wants me to be happy, but I need an education so I need to get a part time job and help pay bills also I could only take one year off maximum. If I could somehow find a good career in that year I wouldn't have to go back. If I didn't and I still didn't go back to school that I would have to find my own place to live.

I agreed with her terms. She wasn't thrilled but, she's my mom so she said she was happy to see me and she missed me. My dad later found out about everything and he just told me to do whatever makes me happy and to find what my purpose in the world was, even if its recording myself singing in the car acting silly or in my bedroom playing guitar singing a cover by my window. 

Which was really great to have my father support me.