Piper Gets a Quest and I Get a Brick!

***ALL RIGHTS TO RICK RIORDAN! MOST CHARACTERS ARE HIS!I hope you enjoy my story of Jason and Brickney!***

It was a normal day when it happened. It was so normal. Piper and I were hanging out and Leo was goofing off as always. Frank had Cabin Inspections and Hazel was in the Underworld with Nico and Hades. Family bonding and all. Annabeth and Percy were on a date. They make me wonder sometimes, about what it would be like to have someone like that in my life. I know Reyna likes me, but I just couldn't date her. Praetors shouldn't be romantically involved. It causes problems and I can't put the whole camp at risk all because of my love life. It wouldn't be fair to them.

I was having trouble focusing on what Piper was saying today. I tuned in as I heard her yell,"Leo! NO! Give it back!" She was chasing Leo, who was holding her phone. Yeah, Yeah, we know the rules about demigods and technology, but right now we were inside camp borders so we were fine. Well, Piper wasnt. She really liked her phone.

"Try to catch me Pipes!" Leo yelled then ran off.

"Get back here, Repair Boy." Piper charmspeaked. Leo immediatly returned and gave her the phone. It buzzed and she glanced at it saying,"I got to go. Camp leader meeting."

"Ok, see ya."

"Bring me some Cheez-Itz!" Leo yelled after her.

"I dont think shes gonna bring you any cheez-Itz, man." I told him. We hung out for a bit until Hazel and Frank came, then went to dinner.

I was at Camp Half-Blood for the summer as a sort of camper-exchange thing that the two camps were doing now inorder to get along better. Frank and Hazel also came along with a few others. Reyna stayed back to make sure things stayed in control. After we gave offerings to our parents and sat down, the conversation turned to what happened at the meeting.

"So," Piper began,"apparently there was some sort of wind spirit outbreak in the north. Its nothing major, but they did ask for a few people to go and help sort it out."

"I wish I could go," Percy said.

Annabeth shook her head,"No. You can't go on every quest, Seaweed Brain."

"I know,"Percy continued," but what if something bad happens."

"Come on, Perce,"Grover, who insisted on spending the summer with Percy, said "You heard Chiron. It's no big deal. and anyway, It'll be fine. Piper's going."

I paused, fork half raised to my mouth,"Wait, you're going?"

"Yeah," she replied," Michael from Apollo, Katie from Demeter and I are all going. Katie's leading it. She went to see Rachel a little while ago. She should be back soon."

"How long will it take?" I asked, not wanting one of my best friends leaving for the whole summer.

"I'm not sure. It should be pretty easy but it might take time to convince all the wind spirits." She said. "I'm leaving in 2 days, though. We have to wait for Quentin, the satyr, to get back. He went to visit his brother at Camp Jupiter for a little bit." I nodded and continued eating.

After dinner, as we were leaving to go hang out in Percy's cabin, Piper pulled me aside and asked me to take a walk with her. "So," Piper said,"I'm leaving pretty soon and I'm going to be gone for a while."

"Yeah." I said, not really sure about where she was going with this.

"And there's some stuff I need to say. I need to do this now, before I chicken out." Piper continued, more to herself than me. I nodded and she continued," So, I know that you don't really remember the Wilderness school and all, but, well," she hesitated and twisted her knife, Katoptris, nervously in her hands.

I tried to comfort her by saying,"Hey, it's okay, Pipes. You can say anything to me. I'm you're best friend."

She glanced up and said,"Yeah. See that's the thing." She took a deep breath and continued,"I don't really want to be your best friend anymore. Leo can do that. I think I want something more. Like what we had at the Wilderness School."

I didn't remember the Wilderness School at all. It was probably because I wasn't actually there. You see, this is sort of a problem when someone tells you to remember something that never actually happened. But, not wanting to upset her, I smiled and remembered what Leo had told me about their fake memories. He had said that we had just started dating and were really happy. That we were perfect. However, those memories were fake and planted by Hera so who knew how Piper and I would really feel if we ever dated. I guess I just didn't want to disappoint her.

I still didn't want to hurt her, but a part of me also wanted to see if we would work out. I certainly wouldn't mind dating her. So I told her,"Well, I don't really remember Wilderness School, so i guess you're just gonna have to jog my memory." Piper smiled and leaned in, kissing me. It was amazing and when we were done, she looked down shyly.

"So, does this mean we're dating now?" I asked.

"Hmmm," Piper teased,"No."

"No?"

She smiled,"Nope."

"And why ever not?" I jokingly asked her.

"You never asked me out."

I laughed and by now we were at Percy's cabin. "Well, I think I can fix that." I opened the door for her, and we went inside. As soon as we were in and everyone was there and sitting down, I stood on Percy's coffee table and cleared my throat. "Excuse me! May I have your attention please!"

"YO! EVERYBODY SHUT UP NOW! LIGHTNING BOY IS SPEAKING"

"Yes, thank you, Leo." I said. He saluted and I started out by saying," About a year ago, I met Piper McLean on a bus with a satyr who called me cupcake and that kid." I said, pointing to Leo.

"YEAH!" Leo yelled,"MR LEO MCSHIZZLE VALDEZ, BAD BOY SUPREME!"

"Uh, yeah, right. Thanks. So anyway, it was a windy afternoon and-" I was cut off by Katie bursting in.

"We have to leave. Now." Katie said, pulling Piper up from the floor. Michael burst in and they left, dragging Piper with them. The six of us immediately followed.

"Why?" Percy asked,"I thought you had a few days?"

"Plans change. We leave now." Katie said. "Get your stuff Piper."

Piper scrambled off to her cabin and Katie quickly explained that the journey would take a bit longer and that the Wind Spirits were holding a mortal captive. "Do you need any help?" Frank asked.

Michael shook his head no and said,"We'll be fine, but we need to save that mortal. Soon."

Piper returned and they left, after a quick good bye. We watched them leave, then went back to Percy's cabin, but we were much more quiet. Eventually I bid everyone good night and went back to my cabin.

My room was pretty empty, since the only one who had lived there in 50 years was my sister, Thalia, and I. But Thalia joined the Hunters of Artemis and I was Roman, so no one really lived here. I walked past Hippie Zeus, which occupied the middle of the cold room. I changed into some pajamas and climbed into bed, thinking about the day. It was then that I heard the window smash and something hit me in the head.

AN:Hello readers!!! I hope you guys enjoy the story!!! Please vote and comment!! I love to know your ideas and opinions! Bye