Chapter 6

I woke up this time to Demi shaking me. It was time to go. Since i'd fallen asleep Demi had gone through the trouble of getting temporary custody of me. I was feeling a lot better, but i was still pretty sore. So many thoughts were rushing through my mind..like.."What is going to happen to dad?"...."What will happen to me?"...i was trying to solve these issues when my thoughts were interupted by Demi.

"Sweetheart, how are you feeling?"

"I'm still kind of sore, but i guess i'm better." I almost whispered.

"What's on your mind?" Demi moved my hair behind my ear, and i almost died of fangirling on the inside. I didn't want to bother her with my problems, she's already done so much for me. 

"Nothing." I said quickly. Wow nice job being secretive. Demi didn't look convinced, but she just let it go.

"Okay, well are you ready? If we go now we can stop for dinner, and then head to my place." Great..just the thought of food made me want to throw up. There was no way i was eating. But, i couldn't let Demi know that..even though she kinda already knew.

"Um sure sounds great." I played it off like nothing was wrong. I felt like i was convincing enough. Demi grabbed my hand and we walked through the lobby where she could sign me out. It only took a few seconds, and then we left. I was so scared about eating. I just couldn't do it. I was hoping it wouldn't be something like pasta..

"Is pizza ok?" Demi interupted my thinking. Oh no..this isn't good..now i'm scared.

"Sure if that's ok with you." I casually replied. Demi gave me a reassuring look and pulled in to a parking spot. I slid out of the seat slowly trying to buy myself as much time as possible. Demi looked over to me...great she knew something was up.

"Sky honey, are you ok?" 

"Yeah why?"

"You just seem, i don't know, upset." The truth is..i was. I was scared also. I wanted to be with Demi, i mean i felt safe with her. But, i knew that she wouldn't want to keep me. I just knew it. So i answered her.

"Yeah, i'm ok. I am just kind of thrown off by everything happening." Demi looked at me to confirm that she understood. Demi put her arm around my shoulder, and we walked inside. The waitor greeted us with a clearly fake smile..but whatever.

"Hello ladies. Just two?"

Demi nodded to confirm.

"Right this way." The man walked us to a table in the far corner of the restarant. There were no other people around, and i was grateful for that. I was not in the mood for crowds, and i think Demi knew that. Demi starred at her menu for a few seconds before looking up at me.

"Do you know what you want?" 

"Um...i think i just want a salad." If i just eat this and throw up later i'll be ok. Demi looked worried, but didn't push it. There was a long silence before Demi spoke up.

"So, is there any chance you want to go back to your school?" Great. I knew this was coming. I couldn't go back there. I just couldn't.

"I..uh.." i was tearing up.."i can't Demi...i won't last there." Demi looked as if she understood. I mean she did, but still.

"Shh...Sky don't worry, i'm not going to force you to go back. I promise. Plus it's Friday. We have all weekend to figure this out. It'll all be ok." I felt like she was telling the truth. But, at the same time i had my doubts. I was just extreamly confused. Our meal went by pretty quick, i made it through half of the salad, and we were leaving. 

"Skylar?" Uh oh! She never used my whole first name. What did i do? 

"Y..yes?" I managed to force out.

"If there was something bothering you...you'd tell me right?" Truth is...yeah if it was serious probably. But, Demi didn't need anymore burden in her life.

"Yeah, i would." Demi smiled, though i didn't know if it was real or not. We got in her car and went to her place in silence. About 5 minutes in to the ride Demi turned the radio on. The music was the only thing breaking the silence even if it was on one of the lowest volumes. 

The ride was only about 15 minutes, and when we arrived i was terrified. I didn't know what to expect at this point. Everything was about to change. A lot. I kept thinking about the salad and my father and Kelsie..and damn it mind why must you do this to me. My thoughts were racing as Demi led me to her huge apartment. Holy fuckballs this was huge. 

"Oh my shit this place is huge." Demi giggled and my inner fangirl began to take over my every thought. A huge smile spread across my face as Demi started to laugh.

"Oh my god, Demi no! Don't laugh i will literally melt!" Real smooth Sky..real smooth.

"Sky, you're adorable. Now come on i need to show you where you're gonna sleep."

I followed Demi down the hall of her amazing place...wow...it was just... wow. She led me into a room at the end of the hall. It had a queen bed, and a bathroom. Wow.

"So, you can stay in here. This ok?"

"Yeah! Thanks Demi you're the best!"

"Oh i knew that already." Demi shot back with a smirk. All i could do was giggle. Why was she so perfect. Like..why? Moving on.

"So, Sky. I think we should talk about some stuff." Oh shit. 

"Y..yeah. Sure is everything ok?"

"You tell me." Demi motioned for me to sit on the bed next to her. I put my head on her shoulder and felt a tear drip down my cheek. Did Demi notice? I hope not!

"Sky..i know you're not ok. I can see right through you. Please honey, what's wrong?" Demi looked at me with a pleading look. 

"I..well...a lot."

"Let's start with dinner."

Fuck i thought. This was going to be a long night.