Chapter 16

"Good morning! Skylar, have you thought any more about your charity idea?" Whispered Demi as she woke up next to Skylar.
"I have, yes. I have an idea that I was thinking about all night, but it's too expensive."
Demi stared at Skylar as if she were crazy, "Skylar Lovato don't ever say those words to me again. If you want something to happen we WILL make it happen. Now, what's this idea of yours?"
Skylar hesitated then replied, "I never told you this, but I rode horses when I stilled lived with my dad. It was really therapeutic for me. I won quite a few local show jumping competitions for my barn, but the horse I rode got sick. After he left I just kinda stopped riding. I haven't sat on a horse in 2 years now."
Demi nodded slightly to show that she was still listening, "Keep going, hun."
Skylar continued, "They had a program at the barn that helped kids who suffer with disorders like self harm, eating disorders, and anxiety. I specifically remember my barn never having enough horses, so when more clients came looking for therapy, they were turned down. I also remember that the barn could use horses that people owned if they had permission. I was thinking that maybe we could get a horse, and not only could we help the people who are seeking help but also me. I would give anything to sit on a horse again. Demi, I know it's a lot to ask. I don't expect it to happen, but you wanted to know."
Demi was silent for a moment. That was a lot to take in. Since when did Sky ride horses? How much do horses cost anyway? Was this possible? Then it hit her.
"Sky, I think that it's an amazing idea. Actually, I'd love to learn to ride as well. What would you say if we were to adopt two rescue horses and have them trained? Hell, I'm sure some rescues are already trained. We could ride, and use them for therapy. What do you think?" Skylar was silent. Was Demi serious? Did she know how much that would cost?
"Demi, are you really up to spend that much money?"
"I don't see why not. I have the money. Why not put it to good use?"
"I guess you're right."
"Sky, I'll tell you what. We'll talk about this a bit more tonight and if we agree on something we'll go look at horses in a few days. How does that sound???"
"Demi, that sounds amazing!"

I know this is a small update, but I'm back on Wattpad and I have big ideas for this story. (:
Mack cx