twenty-six

(Marlene above with blue eyes)

ALEJANDRO'S POV

Maybe I was scared, or maybe I was a coward, but isn't that a good thing? I mean 'sometimes cowards do survive,' says an decepticon from Transformers. I was trying to save myself from humiliation and rejection, I guess that makes me scared. Being with Athena has shown me the life of simplicity, when money was an actual big deal and being resourceful and careful with what you have was a must. She has shown me a whole different world than what I was accustomed to and that scared me. I will be forever in debt to her.

She has this smile, oh, that smile that makes my heart flutter and the will to continue to make that smile stay on her face. She holds this aura that pulled me in the first time I saw her and her son has made me slowly fall deep into my feelings and I was terrified of what she was doing to me. How has she made me fall for her in a matter of weeks? I don't understand why I was so afraid of accepting these feelings, maybe my excuses of her not ready for a relationship weren't helping at all at trying to forget that I really liked her. She's become my best friend and I treat her like royalty, family even. She's making my world slowly revolve around her, and it made my heart squeeze.

The kiss I shared with her on that fateful night as made everything that I thought about my feelings change, God, I loved how her lips molded against mine, the feeling of my body lighting on fire is something I would never forget. I wanted to feel that again and every time I kissed her whether it not be on the mouth, I felt like I needed to do it again and again. She was addicting and she was my drug. Being a mechanic was already hard enough to deal with, but slowly falling for her and accepting what she was doing to me was making it impossible to get my shit together.

I liked her way too much for me to handle.

Maybe I am a coward, I wanted to be in a relationship with her, but I couldn't even bring myself to even admit it out loud. Maybe the thought of a relationship scared the Jesus out of me and the idea of being separated and breaking our friendship was too much to even think about going farther than being best friends. I knew she liked me and I liked her, but I couldn't seem to even ask her the question. Why am I so scared?

"Whatcha thinking about?" a voice snapped me out of reverie and I glanced at my bedroom door where Marlene was standing there with her hands behind her back and gave me a small questionable look. I smiled to her and gestured her over, she followed and I engulfed her into a big hug, her presence always calmed my thoughts down.

"Someone," I breathed out and stroked her curly hair, she didn't have the pale blonde hair that I had, but she did have something relatively close to my father's colored hair.

"Is it that pretty girl that I met at daycare?" she questioned and fidgeted in my lap as she peered up at me with her adorable bright blue eyes. Her question made my heart skip a beat as Athena's face flashed through my eyes.