Chapter Twelve - Balance

~~~~Comment below which ship is your favorite! Anastiall, Anastarry, or Liastasia? I've been a little upset by the lack of comments because it's the only thing I ask for. I still love you, but I want to talk to you guys!~~~~

"Liam and you are going on a date?!?" Claire shrieked in excitement and latched onto my torso. I was sitting on her bed and I had finally decided to tell her why Niall was going to watch her that evening.

I laughed at her enthusiasm. "You really like Liam the best, don't you?" Even though I knew her answer, I just loved how happy it made her. Seeing her like that made me want to have another kid, but neither of us were ready for that.

Just as I was about to tell her the rules for the night the doorbell rang, only Liam would ring the doorbell, Niall would just barge in like some kind of oaf. It was something I thought of as adorable and irritating; irritating because he would never take off his shoes and that would track mud everywhere in the house. I don't understand how he can do that if it hasn't been rainy hardly at all.

I let Liam in and I was surprised by the bouquet of flowers he had in his arms, it looked oddly similar to the one I had received about a month prior to this particular date. His bright smile showed as he leaned down and placed a kiss to my cheek tenderly.

"You look lovely." Liam said before handing me the flowers.

I looked down at my baby blue blouse and black jeans and thought it looked rather plain, Claire had been too busy with her toy kitchen to help me choose an outfit. "I just kind of threw it together in a rush." I said through a laugh, leading him to the dining room.

We made casual conversation until the blonde, Irish buttface finally arrived. "Sorry I'm late, there was the cutest puppy at the pet shop down town and I got distracted." He announced as he waltzed into my house uninvited.

I cringed at the dirt prints that ended under his shoes. "Niall, what did I tell you about shoes in the house?" I asked in my most motherly tone.

He rolled his eyes and retreated to the front door to take off the sneakers that were on his feet. Once he was back, Claire joined us. "How's my little girl?" Niall asked as he picked her up and spun her around in the air.

My eyes widened at the words - his little girl? Who did he think he was? Claire was my daughter and he had only known her a short time. "Niall, may I please speak with you?" I said more as a demand and jerked my head towards the stairs.

He complied and followed me to the upper floor hallway. "What do you think you're trying too do?" I snapped as soon as I was sure Liam and Claire couldn't hear us.

Niall was taken aback a little by my harsh voice. "Having fun with your daughter." He stated while looking me up and down.

"Exactly, my daughter. She's not your little girl and you have no right to call her that! I brought her into this world before you even thought about having kids and you can't just do something like that! Claire's father left me and you can't just replace him!" I broke into hysterical sobs and fell to my knees in front of Niall.

Immediately Niall followed and pulled me into his arms, stroking my hair and telling me that it would be alright. "I'm not trying to be that guy, I just want to make Claire happy." He whispered into my hair, kissing my cheek gently.

Niall rocked me back and forth and sang me a song that I didn't know until my breaths calmed down. It was only when my mind began to work again that I realized I left Liam and Claire in the kitchen for a longer time than needed.

"I have a date to go on." I said quietly, standing up and walking down the stairs, Niall followed. He looked irritated and I wouldn't blame him, he wanted me but Liam was taking me out. It was a complicated situation at the least, dating three three single members of the same world famous boy band.