Chapter 20 - Reconsider

"Harry, I already told you that I don't want to hear anymore cupcake jokes." I sighed, even though I did secretly enjoy the stupid puns he would come up with. 

Harry laughed as he followed me into the kitchen. "No, no! I have a couple more and then I'll be done, I promise."

I rolled my eyes and tried to hide my smile as I grabbed a piping bag and kept frosting the chocolate mint cupcakes. "Okay, so a cupcake walks into a bar and the waiter says 'sorry, we don't serve food'."

I scoffed and smiled at him. "Oh yeah?" I said, "I have worked in this business so long you don't even know how many cupcake jokes I can make."

"Try me." Harry challenged. 

"How do cupcakes like their hair done?" Harry shrugged in response. "They like it frosted."

Harry started cracking up. He didn't need to know that Claire actually made that up, not me. She was the funny one in the family, I could only repeat jokes. 

"That was a good one. How did I not think of that?" He exclaimed before leaning over and kissing my cheek. 

I hadn't seen Niall for nearly a week, he left me alone to think about how to go about having a relationship with him, I had promised him that I wouldn't go on any dates with Harry because he didn't want my choice to be biased. Hanging out together at the shop wasn't a date unless you made it one, right? 

Of course Harry didn't hardly leave my side anyways, but I did make it clear to him that I had some decisions to make before committing to anybody for a long period of time. Having somebody reliable by your side all the time makes it hard to see the light in a person that fucks another girl every time you turn your back. 

I knew Harry wasn't always the easiest to fend off when he wanted something, but at least the only girl he wanted was me. 

"That's quite enough of that, Harold." I scolded him as I turned on the electric mixer. "You know how Niall feels about this whole thing and I want to respect his wishes."

Harry scoffed and shook his head. "Stasia, he totally fucked that other chick. Twice! He isn't respecting you at all! I don't understand why you want to forgive him so badly."

I took a deep breath before calmly responding. "Harry, he has the same mark as I do and you have no idea how it feels to find somebody that I'm meant to be with. It's not voluntary, if it were any other guy I would have given up long ago."

Harry, again, shook his head. " I have met somebody with my mark..." He said quietly before leaving the room. 

I stood in shock, jumping as the front door to the store slammed shut. 

If he'd met his match, then why was he chasing after me?

~~~~~

"Claire-Bear, please come clean up your room. I know you just had a friend over, but you need to keep up with this pigsty." I said from the top of the stairs. 

"But Mummmmmmyyyyyyyyy," she whined, coming into sight. "I'm so tired and hungry and I miss Loki and Niall and Liam." 

I laughed as she threw herself onto her One Direction themed bed spread. I sat next to her and pulled her up into my lap where she made herself comfortable. "How about, if you clean your room, I'll invite Niall over and I can tell him to bring pizza and bread sticks from Vivoli's. Does that sound good?" 

Her green eyes widened as she gazed up at me in amazement. 

I smiled and grabbed my phone from my jacket pocket and dialed Niall, handing her the phone. I couldn't stand him at that point, but Claire loved him and that was more important.