Chapter Seven - Stop

"I'm sorry, Anastasia. Please don't hate me." Niall said just as he pulled up to my house. The sun had long since set and I was still seething about his irresponsible action.

I turned to open my door but heard a click, Niall had locked me in. "I don't hate you. Irritation and hate are completely different emotions. I'm only saying that I won't let you take me on a date anytime soon, unless Claire is included as well." My calm voice was the polar opposite of my unforgiving disposition.

"Then we can do that! I just want a chance with you." His words surprised me. I had never thought of myself as anything other than a potentially psychotic bitch with OCD and a business that took up almost my entire social life.

I took a deep breath before speaking again. "Nobody has ever taken this much time just to prove they can be somebody to me." The words came out slightly above a whisper.

"And that is what I intend to change." Niall said, unlocking the car and running around to my side to open the door. Again, I was met with those beautiful eyes as he held his hand out to me.

I smiled up at him and I could watch him relax, the way his shoulders weren't as tense, the grip on my hand lessened, and his blue orbs lit with an indescribable relief. "Other than the last half hour, I had a really nice time tonight. Thank you." My gaze rested on the ground, I was much too embarrassed, I'd never been treated quite as well as with Niall on a date with any other man.

He took my hand gently and pulled me up to the porch and came to a stop at my front door. Niall turned me to face him and caught my face in his hands. "You really are beautiful, you know that?" He began to lean down and I knew what was next, I found myself slightly excited when his eyes fluttered closed. I could feel his minty breath fan against my own lips. Just as his lips brushed mine the front door to my house opened and he quickly retreated his actions, his hands falling to his sides, head hanging in embarrassment. I turned to see who had opened the door and saw a smiling Harry Styles in the archway.

"You're back, Ana!" He said excitedly and engulfed me in a hug. I gave a wave to Niall as I stepped into my hallway. Niall wore the most dejected and hurt expression I had ever seen, he resembled a lost puppy.

Before Niall got too far, I told Harry I'd be there in a moment. Sprinting off the porch and down the steps, I stopped Niall before he got into his car. He looked at me with curious eyes and I quickly stood on my tip toes to kiss his cheek. "Goodnight." I whispered into his ear.

Just as I turned away I felt his hand wrap around my wrist and pull me back to him. Niall snaked one arm around my waist and moved his hand to the back of my neck, before I had time to think, his lips roughly connected to mine and I felt a burning through my entire body. Instinctively, my own hands found their to his soft, blonde hair. Niall tightened his grip on my torso, as if I were going to disappear at any moment.

I reluctantly broke away from him. "Niall, I have to go to sleep. I have work in the morning." I knew my excuse was lame, but it was true. His panting was hard to resist and I wanted to feel that burn again, even though it lingered with his touch.

"Goodnight, then, Anastasia." Niall said softly before kissing my cheek and retreating into his car.

As soon as he left the driveway, I felt alone. Niall was good company, he was fun and full of life, but he was also infuriating at times. I walked into my house and found Harry asleep on the couch. I don't know why I felt slightly relieved at the realization that I wouldn't have to sleep in the same bed as Harry, but my mind unwillingly wandered to thoughts of his Niall might sleep. Would his face be buried in a pillow, or would he lie on his back with his hands crossed beneath his head? Would he hold me to his chest and tighten his grip of he were to have a bad dream? Would Niall tangle his legs with mine in attempt to be as close as possible to me, or would he simply snuggle into my neck, arms wrapped around my waist, like a baby sloth?