Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

Elizabeth's soft hands danced across his bare chest, sending shockwaves of heat and pleasure through his body. Brody wrapped his arms around her and rolled on the feather tick mattress, pulling her slender body on top of his. The sheets were tangled around them and both of them were slick with sweat as their heartbeats slowly returned to normal.

Elizabeth's thick blond hair fell in her face and Brody pushed it out of the way before pulling her face down to his to kiss her tenderly. She gazed down at him lovingly and then he saw her jaw get that stubborn set and her eyes flashed with annoyance.

He couldn't help but smile, "Why do I feel like I'm about to get yelled at?"

She braced her hands on his chest and shook her head, "I won't yell."

"What have I done?"

"You killed someone, Brody."

Brody sighed and would have moved his gaze away from her if he wasn't so absorbed in the beauty and softness of her body, "He deserved what he got, Elizabeth." he said in defense of himself. "And I didn't break my word to you. I gave him a gun and turned my back to give him a chance."

"You knew he wouldn't be fast enough to be any real competition."

"I wouldn't have turned my back if I'd of thought he was really gonna kill me."

Elizabeth raised her brow, "What about the torture?"

"What torture?" Brody asked as he tried to move his mouth to her tight, swollen, kiss reddened nipples and she moved them just out of his reach.

"You branded his head," she reminded him, with that no nonsense, ice queen tone to her voice.

"Dammit woman, I'm trying to enjoy my dream, quit jumping my ass," Brody growled as he again tried to get to her breasts and again she moved them away.

"Brody..." she warned.

"I figured since he liked that damn ranch so much, he might as well have a permanent reminder to take to hell with him." Elizabeth rolled her eyes and moved off of him, curling on her side against his body.

Brody buried one hand in her hair and stroked her long, slender arm with the other, "I miss you," he whispered, not bothering to hide the emotions or tears in his voice. This was only a dream after all and there was no one to see him so weak.

"I miss you too," Elizabeth replied.

"I wasn't ready to lose you, boss. I still need you."

She looked up at him and wiped away his tears with her small hand, "You'll see me again someday Brody. Until then, I want you to promise me something."

"I thought I said you only get one a year?" he teased and then he saw the seriousness on her face and he frowned. "What?"

"You won't......"

"Brody, wake the hell up! If we're going to the saloon, let's go." LeRoy's voice woke Brody from his dream and he growled as he sat up in the hard, cheap, hotel bed, "If you ever wake me up again, I will shoot you in the face," Brody threatened.

He quickly wiped off his face and flamed with embarrassment when he felt the wetness from his tears. He looked at the other man and the look he saw on his face before he quickly turned away let Brody know that LeRoy knew exactly what he'd been dreaming about.