Treated Like A Toy

Kendall

"I don't think I've met someone so beautiful. ;)" I couldn't help but smile at Jett's text. He's been texting me since yesterday night, when I gave him my number before me and Carlos took off back home. Jett seems like an amazing guy and I would be lying if I wasn't falling for his beautiful eyes and smile. And to think the Quarterback of the football team was into me. Me, Kendall Knight. The classic nerd. It was like a weird Cinderella story. Like a high school version.

It was surreal in so many different ways.

"What are you smiling about? And would it have anything about the boy that was flirting with you?" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Carlos' voice. He had a slightly teasing tone, and with that grin on his face. He knew exactly why I am smiling. It was because of Jett.

Even if I wouldn't admit it, I was very happy with our plan. Carlos and I decided to bring Jett into the mix. I would date Jett, as it seems to piss off James and Logan. And Carlos would become friends with Jett through that, which if it works. They will leave us alone and stop bullying us...Or...It could backfire and we could get more seriously hurt. This was a risky plan but at the moment, it's the only plan we have. So we will just have to play it out carefully.

We aren't called nerds for nothing. Even if I despised that name, it's true. I've always excelled in school, it's the only thing I'm good at. No, great at. So I take great pride in it. And I know Carlos does too. He loves school and does just as well in it. Just one downfall to being so good in school...It comes with a horrible label. Nerds, geeks, freaks, losers. All of the above sometimes. Oh, and bullying.

But doesn't everything have a con to it's pro?

"Yes. It's about Jett, and actually he is pretty sweet for a football jock. It's astonishing and very attractive." I blurted out without much thought. Which has never happened before. I always calculate what I'm going to say next. Not with James though...And that cost me a few broken bones and quite a few bruises. I was not going to do that again. Ever.

And maybe I won't have to with Jett around..

"He's a good guy it seems. But I would keep an eye on him. I mean we do need him and all for this plan to work out. But we shouldn't go into this with a native heart." Carlos says what he always says, as he lays down on his bed on the other side of our room. "Be wise and don't let your heart take over your brain". Even if it may be true and wise to do that, sometimes you can't help what your heart feels.

I sighed and carefully laid back on my bed because of my bruised ribs. The bed looks like a field of cotton colored grass. My sheets and all. I loved cotton green. It's my favorite color. Mrs. Garcia knew this from the time I told her a few years back at Carlos' birthday party. And she said that if I ever moved in, she would make my bedroom cotton green. She was true to her word too. My bed was cotton green and my frame was a dark wood color. It was perfect.

I just wish life was the same. Well perfect can't be achieved, but at least a little less stressful would be nice. It's hard enough trying to keep a 4.0. GPA every semester, without being bullied everyday and breaking bones. Why couldn't bullies do something else? It would make them more likable. I'm sure of it.

"I know, I know. And trust me, I will be careful...But that doesn't mean I don't want to try out really dating with him. This is a once in a lifetime deal. Only a complete idiot would pass up this chance." I stated to Carlos, without even really looking at him. I was looking up at the ceiling with what could only be known as a daydreaming face.

And then a horrible thought popped into my head. James.

James being possessive of me. The way his hazel eyes almost turn to ash black. His body pressed against mine in the looker room. I felt disgust at myself for thinking that was hot. That being treated like a toy was a turn on...What is happening to me...?