On Mumbai Street

~Just a glance~

Right when I tugged at the book, I felt a similar pull for it from the other end of the rack.

Oh my god! This so happens in all Bollywood movies and now the girl will pull the book back and see a really handsome boy's face. They both will smile at each other and bam, its love at first sight! There is a breeze from nowhere and rose petals fly around and a really, really stupid song starts playing where the couple starts running across green fields hand-in-hand. So where did the library go? Not even the director knows. What a mystery! They should put up a movie for that instead.

But I am not that really pretty girl from the movie.

I am Trisha Shetty.

And so I start pulling at the book like its' some effin' tug of war. I am not giving Divergent to anyone. I get it after months of keeping an eye out for it and now I am not giving it up for anyone, even if it was my soul-mate across the rack.

So lady-like, Trisha! So lady-like!

The person across the rack struggled too, putting in equal strength.

Suddenly, it (yes, I called him/her an 'it' and yes, he/she totally deserves that title) left the book with a frustrated sigh but unfortunately for me, I had decided to put in all my strength for the book.
So guess what?
I went sailing through the air and landed oh-so-ungracefully on my butt on the cold floor, with the book clutched in my hands.

Does this happen in a movie?

No, definitely not.

Welcome to my life, ladies and gentlemen. Its way more interesting than any cliché romantic Bollywood movie. The director is The All-mighty above and he likes his characters to be 'humorous' and 'entertaining'.

~*~

With conservative parents, an arrogant elder brother, a frustrating neighbor, six wild best friends and of course, the prejudging Indian society, Trisha's life may seem a little crazy but for her it was normal.

She had it under control.

But what when Arnav Malhotra arrives fresh from Delhi and he is everything you want in an Indian guy: good-looking, smart and best-friend material...?

And what when a devilishly handsome Yash Shah is imported straight from London and he is everything an Indian girl dreams of: Zac Efron looks, flirty and the ultimate bad-boy type...?

And suddenly, Trisha's crazy world which she always deemed normal starts spinning out of her control.

Fill her shoes because I am sure you will be able to relate to her, or laugh at her funny antics or her sad luck, or just be with her as she battles out an Indian teenage life and maybe, just maybe, falls in love.