Act IV

ACT FOUR

FADE IN:

39    INT. AIRLOCK

KIRA ENTERS from the corridor, carrying with her a small bag over her shoulder.

ODO'S VOICE

Major.

She hears someone call out to her, stops and turns to see who it was. She takes a few steps back into the corridor and sees ODO waiting for her.

KIRA

I thought you weren't going to say good-bye.

ODO

Well, I wanted to wish you good luck, and safe journey.

KIRA (lightly)

Don't worry too much, Odo, I've been on more dangerous missions than this.

ODO

Just a word of caution with those Klingons. I haven't had many pleasant experiences with them. They're more concerned with...

KIRA (interrupting)

...their honor, I know.

(beat)

I'll be fine.

Odo appears satisfied and Kira reluctantly leaves and reenters the airlock.

40    EXT. DEEP SPACE NINE (OPTICAL)

The U.S.S. Excalibur is docked at one of the station's upper docking arm. Following departure protocol, The Excalibur clears the docking area slowly, and then engages warp.

41    INT. OPERATIONS CENTER

DAX and O'BRIEN, and several other officers are working at their stations. Everything seems to be back to normal, except the fact that Kira is not in Ops. Dax has taken her position in the center of the room.

DAX (to all)

The Excalibur has cleared the station and entered warp.

42    ANGLE ON SISKO

SISKO ENTERS Ops from his office. He proceeds to O'Brien's work console, continuing to look very frustrated.

SISKO

Chief, any progress on the distortion field?

O'BRIEN

I've searched through Starfleet records, no identical match to the anomaly in terms of magnitude and radiation levels. But I think I may be able to contain the field by a (TECH) and possibly even transport it into space.

SISKO

Has there been any activity or changes with the anomaly?

O'BRIEN

We've been monitoring it for over ninety minutes and no major fluctuations detected, Sir.

SISKO

In that case, it's probably best to leave it alone for now, it's the only clue we've got, so lets work with it.

A voice communication interrupts Sisko and O'Brien's conversation.

ODO'S COM VOICE

Commander.

Sisko acknowledges by tapping his communicator pin.

43    ANGLE ON SISKO

SISKO (to com)

Yes, Constable.

ODO'S COM VOICE

I think you should come down to the detention cells... there's someone you may want to talk to.