Act II

ACT TWO

FADE IN:

18 INT. ACCESS TUNNELS

SISKO and O'BRIEN are in the access tunnels, looking in amazement at the bright light emanating from the opened panel. O'Brien is holding a tricorder trying to learn more about the anomaly. Sisko is looking at O'Brien for an answer.

SISKO

What is it, Chief?

O'BRIEN (uncertainly)

This is definitely what the sensors had recorded before the power surge. The tricorder is picking up all kinds of interference... I'll have to narrow the sensor frequency to get a better scan of the core.

O'Brien begins to modify the tricorder's frequency range, while Sisko is looking around for any signs of Jake.

O'BRIEN (off the tricorder)

Commander, it appears to be quite stable, the tricorder is picking up (TECH), much too stable to be a natural phenomenon.

SISKO

Are you suggesting that someone created this artificially?

O'BRIEN

Possibly, but I don't see how.

SISKO

Whatever the cause may be, my guess is that Jake had something to do with this.

19 INT. OPERATIONS CENTER

The main power has been restored, the lighting is back to normal. DAX and KIRA are still working at their stations, O'BRIEN and SISKO ENTER through the turbolift.

SISKO

Glad to see that main power is up and running again.

Dax notices that Sisko and O'Brien are back in Ops, O'BRIEN heads directly towards his station. Dax acknowledges Sisko's comment and smiles.

SISKO (to Dax)

Are the internal sensors back online?

DAX

Everything has returned to normal operations, except for life support in sections 2 and 3. I've already sent a crew there for repairs.

SISKO

Continue monitoring the spatial anomaly for any changes.

DAX

Commander, the Arkarian freighter is requesting permission to depart.

SISKO

Tell them we're still having problems, and that we'll inform them as soon as we get them under control.(beat)

Have sections 2 and 3 been totally evacuated?

KIRA

Yes Sir... no sign of Jake or Nog.

Sisko is disturbed by the news, and makes his way towards his office when suddenly the computer receives an incoming message.

DAX (to Sisko)

There's an incoming subspace message from Admiral Torlek, Starfleet Headquarters.

SISKO

Thank you Lieutenant, I'll take it in my office.

SISKO EXITS, into his office.

20 INT. SISKO'S OFFICE - CONTINUOUS

SISKO ENTERS and sits down at his desk. He turns the computer screen towards him and activates it with a button.