Act I

ACT ONE

FADE IN:

4 INT. SISKO'S QUARTERS

The main entrance opens and SISKO ENTERS his quarters casually. The room is empty though he believes that Jake is in his room. He looks around and notices that Jake has not begun packing his clothing.

SISKO

If you're serious about coming along, I suggest you start packing your stuff. You don't expect a starship to wait, do you?

He walks towards the storage shelves and proceeds with packing his clothing into a container. He continues to talk to Jake, with a little smile.

SISKO (lightly)

It's the first time they've ever held a Starfleet conference this size on Qo'noS. I've heard so many good things about the Klingon homeworld. The scenery, and the sunset there is astonishing. And you'll be able to try real brekis, not from the replicator.

He looks and finds that some of his clothes are missing. He searches all his drawers and shelves.

SISKO

... Have you seen my dress uniform? Jake? ... Jako?

He looks in Jake's room but finds that it is empty and is a bit upset. He is determined to find out where Jake is.

5 ANGLE ON SISKO

SISKO (to computer)

Computer... What is the location of Jake...

Suddenly, the lighting in his quarter flashes for a brief moment and Sisko looks curiously at it, puzzled. When it finally stops the emergency lighting is established, much dimmer than before. His command is interrupted by an incoming voice message.

O'BRIEN'S COM VOICE

Commander...

SISKO (to com)

What's the problem, Chief?

O'BRIEN'S COM VOICE

Sorry to bother you in your quarters, Sir, but...

Quark's voice suddenly interrupts the message, Sisko seems annoyed by his intrusion.

QUARK'S COM VOICE (interrupting)

Ah excuse me Commander, this is your humble occupant Quark...

6 INT. QUARK'S BAR

Quark is in his bar, it is also dimly lit and none of the games seem to be operating. In the background, the customers are alarmed and are slowly leaving the bar, except Morn who is sitting quietly.

QUARK (continuing)

...sorry to disturb you, I understand you're a busy man, and you have many things to look after, but I really...

SISKO'S COM VOICE

What do you want Quark?

Quark is becoming less patient.

QUARK

Nothing unreasonable, just a little power so I can get my little establishment running again! You don't expect me to serve my customers without games and drinks!

O'BRIEN'S COM VOICE

Commander, I've shut off main power to the promenade and established only emergency power throughout the station...